CDT concern

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mp2020

Hi
Please can I have some advice?
I appreciate everyone will be different , but I have a CDT blood test on the 17th December - I was not aware this would specifically look into the last 14 days so am slightly concerned.
I generally am the type of person to not drink during the week and if I do not go out I will only have 3 glasses of wine over a weekend if that. Since march 2020 lockdown , this has decreased significantly bar some binge drinking sporadically over an evening (never days on end) .
I barely drank in November but I am concerned about following recent situations:

Friday 27th November - estimate to have drank about 1.5 bottles of wine then nothing until Sunday 6th December where I estimate I drank about ten different drinks including 2 or 3 shots so this would be classed as a binge session . I won’t be drinking much if anything until Christmas Day now but with the CDT test on 17th , does the amount and timeframes above be a cause for concern in terms of failing ?
I have never had a drink Dependency or drank daily.
For reference I was banned 2 years ago.
Would you advise going ahead and advise not having a drink this weekend (I am having a meal Sunday and was going to have 1 or 2 glasses of wine but concerned now). Any advice greatly appreciated !

Last edited:
Hi
Please can I have some advice?
I appreciate everyone will be different , but I have a CDT blood test on the 17th December - I was not aware this would specifically look into the last 14 days so am slightly concerned.
I generally am the type of person to not drink during the week and if I do not go out I will only have 3 glasses of wine over a weekend if that. Since march 2020 lockdown , this has decreased significantly bar some binge drinking sporadically over an evening (never days on end) .
I barely drank in November but I am concerned about following recent situations:

Friday 27th November - estimate to have drank about 1.5 bottles of wine then nothing until Sunday 6th December where I estimate I drank about ten different drinks including 2 or 3 shots so this would be classed as a binge session . I won’t be drinking much if anything until Christmas Day now but with the CDT test on 17th , does the amount and timeframes above be a cause for concern in terms of failing ?
I have never had a drink Dependency or drank daily.
For reference I was banned 2 years ago.
Would you advise going ahead and advise not having a drink this weekend (I am having a meal Sunday and was going to have 1 or 2 glasses of wine but concerned now). Any advice greatly appreciated !
Stay off the drink and you should be fine

Agree with topchippyles, but would add that don’t think you are in the clear For Christmas. You may find, as others on here have, that 10 days later you get a letter saying that the blood sample was no good and you have to have another, in the new year..........

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off