CDT blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Neil02

Had my bloods done on the 9th November didn’t drink for 65 days. Had 2 pints on the 13th and 2 pints on the18th phoned today and they are now saying I need my bloods done again because they weren’t satisfactory Will this give me a raised cdt and spoil the time not drinking?

BigTom

Had my bloods done on the 9th November didn’t drink for 65 days. Had 2 pints on the 13th and 2 pints on the18th phoned today and they are now saying I need my bloods done again because they weren’t satisfactory Will this give me a raised cdt and spoil the time not drinking?
As long as it was just 2 pints on each of those days you should be fine. CDT levels do raise due to drinking, but usually it takes a lot more than that to raise the levels significantly. As a precaution I would stay off the booze until the next test but as I say you should be fine given the 65 days abstinence previously.

price1367

TTC Group
I would get on to DVLA and ask for another GP as this is not your fault, but are being penalised for it.

Neil02

I would get on to DVLA and ask for another GP as this is not your fault, but are being penalised for it.
I have and they are saying I have to go back to the original doctors l am going to try to get a earlier date tomorrow as they hadn’t received the paper work yet so if they see it’s just bloods I have to give an not see the doctor I might be able to get a earlier appointment