CDT blood test and prescription meds?

Convicted Driver Insurance

LucyLucy

Hello I wonder if anyone knows or can help , I'm due my medical soon , I don't know when yet but I'll take the first available one I can get .

I went back to Court a couple of months early and put forward a good case myself , the court removed my ban that day and said they were satisfied that I didn't drink or have any alcohol issues, however this information has passed to the DVLA but it is not passed to the medical team.

I can't believe it I'm not a daft woman buy a long shot but I've had two applications returned , the first because I hadn't written the amount in words so they returned form and cheque , as I knew they had posted it out ( kept phoning)one suggested I could fill in a form but told me the wrong one ! I sent a postal order with that , that got returned and I have now returned original application with original cheque and will probably know tomorrow if it's ok , they said they're working to get details for everyone buy day 8 after receipt.

The thing I'm really worried about is I've lasted as long as I can but have a huge pelvic cyst I've tried to treat with Amoxycillin but that's not touched it ( one burst last time and it really poisons my system) I also have an abscess in my Fallopian tube so I have rip roaring infection right now and have now started on doxycycline really strong dose and prednisolone to reduce the infection. There's a big warning saying these interfere with blood results ... It's a bit of a long shot but if anyone knows much about the effect these might have ... I really don't want them contacting my dr .. There's one GP and 12,500 patients they are not answering any letters even from the hospital I'm trying to get an operation with and they only want a generic referral .. I'm hysterical they are in the biggest mess I've ever known , does anyone know if this is affecting my liver kidneys if it can f up the CDT test ....thanks in advance , I'm desperate to change Drs but want this out of the way first I really need an op .... Hi everyone sorry long post :)

Hello I wonder if anyone knows or can help , I'm due my medical soon , I don't know when yet but I'll take the first available one I can get .

I went back to Court a couple of months early and put forward a good case myself , the court removed my ban that day and said they were satisfied that I didn't drink or have any alcohol issues, however this information has passed to the DVLA but it is not passed to the medical team.

I can't believe it I'm not a daft woman buy a long shot but I've had two applications returned , the first because I hadn't written the amount in words so they returned form and cheque , as I knew they had posted it out ( kept phoning)one suggested I could fill in a form but told me the wrong one ! I sent a postal order with that , that got returned and I have now returned original application with original cheque and will probably know tomorrow if it's ok , they said they're working to get details for everyone buy day 8 after receipt.

The thing I'm really worried about is I've lasted as long as I can but have a huge pelvic cyst I've tried to treat with Amoxycillin but that's not touched it ( one burst last time and it really poisons my system) I also have an abscess in my Fallopian tube so I have rip roaring infection right now and have now started on doxycycline really strong dose and prednisolone to reduce the infection. There's a big warning saying these interfere with blood results ... It's a bit of a long shot but if anyone knows much about the effect these might have ... I really don't want them contacting my dr .. There's one GP and 12,500 patients they are not answering any letters even from the hospital I'm trying to get an operation with and they only want a generic referral .. I'm hysterical they are in the biggest mess I've ever known , does anyone know if this is affecting my liver kidneys if it can f up the CDT test ....thanks in advance , I'm desperate to change Drs but want this out of the way first I really need an op .... Hi everyone sorry long post :)

Hey Lucy,

Sorry to hear about your issues! They sound pretty bad.. I've had some pretty bad infections in my time and know how painful they are. Hope it's sorted relatively swiftly.

Now whilst I could say for sure that the medication would have an impact on a standard liver/kidney test (depending on dose and length of time taking them), I couldn't say with any certainty what the CDT impact would be. What I'd suggest, if funds allow, is to get your own CDT test done through medichecks (£79). The turn around time is quick (mine was 4 days) and would give you some kind of comfort moving forward.

Hey Lucy,

Sorry to hear about your issues! They sound pretty bad.. I've had some pretty bad infections in my time and know how painful they are. Hope it's sorted relatively swiftly.

Now whilst I could say for sure that the medication would have an impact on a standard liver/kidney test (depending on dose and length of time taking them), I couldn't say with any certainty what the CDT impact would be. What I'd suggest, if funds allow, is to get your own CDT test done through medichecks (£79). The turn around time is quick (mine was 4 days) and would give you some kind of comfort moving forward.
Yes that’s how I was thinking thanks so much for answering , I did ask the woman who took a call at medichecks and asked her if she knew much about the test and she seemed pretty confident nothing other than alcohol would , I’m thinking that a lft would show it especially as I always have a crazy high alt ( I think that’s the one it begins with A not bilirubin ) can’t think off the top of my head.
I googled it and there’s a paper written to say pelvic cysts can do it but it appears gps always assume it’s alcohol .

I got admitted a while back because I had an infection , pneumonia and every blood was out !!! If I’d known I could of started them earlier as I’ve had an infection a while but I was trying to manage on amoxycillin but it’s really got a hold now .

I’ve had a double dose today and thought I’ll just take for 6 days then see .. the thing is if I take the medichecks while I’m still on them that’s not going to be great ... it’s a nuisance as my doctors is insane they are the worst surgery seriously but I’ve been there over 30 years and although all the doctors have left that I previously knew I don’t want to change right now it’ll look weird and my medical stuffs a bit complicated even though my dr doesn’t really seem aware .

it’s just bloody typical .. I’m mega stresssed remembered it’s a high amalase and unexplainable apart from cysts... I was really stressed last time but it went fine so I don’t know but not sleeping well and hoping I don’t get the bloody form back again .. I may feel much better tomorrow or a day or so , I’m on prednisolone high does too so they could maybe counteract or act as an anti inflammatory?? Just a bloody guessing game really .. I’ll think on that test though if the infection starts to go down I can think straight but I’m sweating buckets at the mo like a bloody hangover except it’s so not !! Especially after I did the court stuff all by myself and got a result , that was in early October so technically could of been driving now .. I only get it like this every few months or so but I’ve had them burst before too then I’m really toxic .. sorry to go on I’m mega stressed , but thanks so much man tank , can’t believe it no bloody alcohol at all either ffs lol

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off