Caught drink driving again…

Convicted Driver Insurance

SawyersFella

So I was pulled last Friday by a traffic cop doing a random stop. I was asked to provide a breath sample which I obliged to do, I was told that I had failed the breath test and arrested. I was taken to the police station where I was put into a breath test room, I was read my rights and asked to provide a breath test and was told that if I blew 40 I would be taken back to my car, unfortunately I blew 42.

My worry is that I was caught 9 years ago, I blew 3 x over and given a ban of 23 months, fined and given community work. I had to go in front of the Traffic Commissioner to get my HGV vocation back which I nearly didn’t get back so I was lucky. I cannot believe it is happening again as I have been careful these past 9 years and my DR10 was due to come off in 2024. I am absolutely gutted but I have been reading into the MGDD form that I don’t recall being filled out or being asked to sign anything, I’m obviously fearful of losing my job and my licence again as I don’t think I would get my HGV vocation back this time. I’m at court on the 15th June so any help/advice would be much appreciated on this matter.

So I was pulled last Friday by a traffic cop doing a random stop. I was asked to provide a breath sample which I obliged to do, I was told that I had failed the breath test and arrested. I was taken to the police station where I was put into a breath test room, I was read my rights and asked to provide a breath test and was told that if I blew 40 I would be taken back to my car, unfortunately I blew 42.

My worry is that I was caught 9 years ago, I blew 3 x over and given a ban of 23 months, fined and given community work. I had to go in front of the Traffic Commissioner to get my HGV vocation back which I nearly didn’t get back so I was lucky. I cannot believe it is happening again as I have been careful these past 9 years and my DR10 was due to come off in 2024. I am absolutely gutted but I have been reading into the MGDD form that I don’t recall being filled out or being asked to sign anything, I’m obviously fearful of losing my job and my licence again as I don’t think I would get my HGV vocation back this time. I’m at court on the 15th June so any help/advice would be much appreciated on this matter.
As you are within the 10 year repeat period you’ll probably get a 3 year ban and fine/community order.
I don’t think you should mention your HGV situation to the court, and ask for the driver awareness course, so at least the ban will be reduced.

how did you get on pal i hope all went well

How did you get on at court? Hope it wasn't too bad mate.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off