Car Leasing

Convicted Driver Insurance

Idiot2612

Hi all

Just secured a new job. Driving is a requirement and the role comes with a car allowance, i see this as a bonus as no company car banned driver hurdles to cross.

I was banned for 18 months in feb 2020 reduced by 18 weeks after the course.

Looking at leasing a car as i will be doing alot of miles, has anyone had any experience either negative or positive with a unspent DR10 on record.

Any comment, experience or advice welcome.

Hi all

Just secured a new job. Driving is a requirement and the role comes with a car allowance, i see this as a bonus as no company car banned driver hurdles to cross.

Looking at leasing a car as i will be doing alot of miles, has anyone had any experience either negative or positive with a unspent DR10 on record.

Any comment, experience or advice welcome
I know you normally can't hire a car, but leasing is slightly different as it will be up to you to take out proper insurance.

Having a car allowance is a major plus, and leasing can be a smart move for your mileage needs. As for the DR10, it's always good to be upfront about it with the leasing company.
Someone else on the site has said that 5 years after your conviction, you do not need to declare DR10's when hiring a car. He said that the check code you give the hire company only shows that you have a licence, not that you have convictions. As you were only banned in 2020, I would buy a car, a good pre-owned one.

When my ban expired I went and got myself a Jag as wee treat.

Hi all

Any comment, experience or advice welcome.

Morning

The most obvious question I am going to ask is - are the new employers aware of your drink driving conviction? You should have declare it when you completed your application form.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off