Car Insurance after ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

bexbg

I attempted to get car insurance arranged today as my ban ends tomorrow. The insurer told me that I needed to scan my photo card license within the next ten days to send to them. The issue is that the DVLA are still in the process of arranging my medical as there have been many delays with my application. I know that within the next few months my license will be returned to me, but in the meantime how can I get insured?

If anyone has encountered a similar situation I would love to hear from you.

Thank you

Rebecca

Rebecca,
You can drive before you have done the medical, providing you ave put your application in and the process has started.... AND your date of your ban was before 1st June 2013. if it was after that date then you cannot drive until the medical process is complete and DVLA agree to you having your licence back and you receive it.
If your ban was from before 1st June 2013 then you can drive under Section 88 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 pending the medical and the outcome, but you should get that in writing from DVLA. You can then send a copy of this letter to the insurance company as your authority to drive in lieu of your driving licence. You also have the letter to show the police if you get stopped.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off