Cannabis urine medical: Your experiences

Convicted Driver Insurance
Greetings all

Can those of you who have been unfortunate to fall victim to DVLA discrimination share how long it took you to “detox” from THC for your medical urine test? I have read pretty much all of your posts extensively searching this form and I have learned a lot about the process of these 10/15ug lab tests and your storys - from the shocking 6 months cleanguy took to the 2 months from Stefan and the fantastic result HuzzyPat and Mike1993 achieved after 6-8 weeks, it would be great to hear from you all after so long reading your posts lurking in the background which have got me through some dark times.

On the date of my booked medical I will have been THC free for 115 days (3 months 2 weeks), what would be the likelihood of me failing this 10/15ug lab test? I was an everyday chronic smoker, I’m in my twenties, 5”9 with a bit of fat on me where the THC may still be lurking, wouldn’t class myself as overweight and seem to have a good metabolism.

I was unfairly revoked in 2019 for failing to arrange a medical urine test in the required timeframe - an oversight on my part for booking the medical for a date that was a couple of days after the 12 weeks which was genuine mistake and perhaps naivety on the severity of the situation that would follow. This revocation was set in motion due to information sent to DVLA by a rouge traffic cop that categorically was not true stating that I was a dependant cannabis user. Essentially I was reported to DVLA due to having cannabis smokers in my car when pulled over even though I did not smoke cannabis during this period - I hadn’t smoked for about 6 months at this point. There was absolutely nothing on my GP medical notes to suggest I had ever been a cannabis user and DVLA had never requested these notes until recently. Due to the covid pandemic it has taken the better part of 3 years for me to receive another medical invitation after re applying for my license in late 2019 which is absolutely disgraceful considering I have never been convicted of any drug driving offences - I have never been swab tested due to the fact I did not smoke during this period of my life when I was revoked. I have been off the road for longer than someone who has been convicted and disqualified!

The contradictory element of this situation is that during these last 3 years I started smoking daily to alleviate the stress caused by being revoked in such a disgusting and life shattering manner, I had nothing left to loose by revisiting my smoking days to ease the pain especially during covid.

So my question is from all of your experiences dealing with this madness, do you think 115 days (3 months 2 weeks) is enough time to detox from 3 years of daily smoking high THC percentage cannabis? Or should I drag this out to the very last week which would see me 4 months clean? I know nobody can say for certain but at this point I am just looking to ease my mind and gain some more perspective.

With all due respect to everyone who reads this I am only looking for input from experienced smokers former or current who will understand my situation and be able to give me wise advice moving forward through this Victorian process, please save any prejudice and negative remarks if you have never been a smoker of the plant. Smack heads and methadone users can drive about freely causing carnage but innocent hard working people who have previously smoked or have any relation to people who smoke cannabis and who hold strong views on the subject can have their life’s ruined without any proof or convictions, there are literally thousands of recreational smokers in the UK who smoke in their homes late at night and do not drive until they’d pass a swab test, who fall victim to this inhumane process and branded with an apparent “medical condition” when they are in great health with their driving not in the slightest bit impaired in any way shape or form.

Thank you all for reading and I look forward to hearing your experiences.

Greetings all

Can those of you who have been unfortunate to fall victim to DVLA discrimination share how long it took you to “detox” from THC for your medical urine test? I have read pretty much all of your posts extensively searching this form and I have learned a lot about the process of these 10/15ug lab tests and your storys - from the shocking 6 months cleanguy took to the 2 months from Stefan and the fantastic result HuzzyPat and Mike1993 achieved after 6-8 weeks, it would be great to hear from you all after so long reading your posts lurking in the background which have got me through some dark times.

On the date of my booked medical I will have been THC free for 115 days (3 months 2 weeks), what would be the likelihood of me failing this 10/15ug lab test? I was an everyday chronic smoker, I’m in my twenties, 5”9 with a bit of fat on me where the THC may still be lurking, wouldn’t class myself as overweight and seem to have a good metabolism.

I was unfairly revoked in 2019 for failing to arrange a medical urine test in the required timeframe - an oversight on my part for booking the medical for a date that was a couple of days after the 12 weeks which was genuine mistake and perhaps naivety on the severity of the situation that would follow. This revocation was set in motion due to information sent to DVLA by a rouge traffic cop that categorically was not true stating that I was a dependant cannabis user. Essentially I was reported to DVLA due to having cannabis smokers in my car when pulled over even though I did not smoke cannabis during this period - I hadn’t smoked for about 6 months at this point. There was absolutely nothing on my GP medical notes to suggest I had ever been a cannabis user and DVLA had never requested these notes until recently. Due to the covid pandemic it has taken the better part of 3 years for me to receive another medical invitation after re applying for my license in late 2019 which is absolutely disgraceful considering I have never been convicted of any drug driving offences - I have never been swab tested due to the fact I did not smoke during this period of my life when I was revoked. I have been off the road for longer than someone who has been convicted and disqualified!

The contradictory element of this situation is that during these last 3 years I started smoking daily to alleviate the stress caused by being revoked in such a disgusting and life shattering manner, I had nothing left to loose by revisiting my smoking days to ease the pain especially during covid.

So my question is from all of your experiences dealing with this madness, do you think 115 days (3 months 2 weeks) is enough time to detox from 3 years of daily smoking high THC percentage cannabis? Or should I drag this out to the very last week which would see me 4 months clean? I know nobody can say for certain but at this point I am just looking to ease my mind and gain some more perspective.

With all due respect to everyone who reads this I am only looking for input from experienced smokers former or current who will understand my situation and be able to give me wise advice moving forward through this Victorian process, please save any prejudice and negative remarks if you have never been a smoker of the plant. Smack heads and methadone users can drive about freely causing carnage but innocent hard working people who have previously smoked or have any relation to people who smoke cannabis and who hold strong views on the subject can have their life’s ruined without any proof or convictions, there are literally thousands of recreational smokers in the UK who smoke in their homes late at night and do not drive until they’d pass a swab test, who fall victim to this inhumane process and branded with an apparent “medical condition” when they are in great health with their driving not in the slightest bit impaired in any way shape or form.

Thank you all for reading and I look forward to hearing your experiences.
I think it's definitely enough time for it to come out your system.. although it does depend on all the other variables like weight, age etc i still think it's enough time..

I'm on the hurdle when the DVLA contacts the GP.. DVLA received my authorization letter.. So now I need to phone my GP to check if they have been contacted.. my GP has been very helpful, saying they would contact me before sending off anything back to the DVLA..

As positive as I am in my head, I still think for some reason they won't give it back to me.. I know people that have been banned for the same thing and haven't gone threw any medical! Just straight renewal online.. So I too think it's the police officers or someone passing on information that we are dependent users/HRO..

It is what it is at this point..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off