can they still..

Convicted Driver Insurance

helen444

Hi,
I have a question. I was reversing into my driveway and hit the corner of a car, just slightly, They all came out and I said that I'd pay either through insurance or even without insurance, if they tell me the cost, I can just pay. They then gone on telling that i have been drinking, they could smell it, and I was, just 1 glass of red wine. For some reason, they called the police, but I was done with them, I have given my details of insurance and my phone number. I then went home and to the bathroom. I have heard a small knock at the door, but I was in the bathroom, so couldn't open, then it all gone away. My question is: can they still press charges for fail to provide, if I didn't answer the door? I was not charged with anything or arrested. I did not refuse to provide the specimen. I thought the matter has finished, and went home. It's just a scratch on their car, but either they simply dislike me or anything like that, they wanted also to involve the police because apparently they smelt drink on me. I am just worried, if there could be a case against me based on allegations. I was not arrested or refused to provide, I simply didn't. couldn't open the door when somebody knocked. Not even sure if it was the police.

Well not exactly the best plan in all honesty but they cannot press charges now unless you provide an admission , just allow the insurance to deal with the situation move on but do please learn

thank you for your replies. So basically they cannot prosecute based on just witnesses saying? I am just still worried a lot...

They need evidence which unless you tell them you were drinking/drunk they have nothing against you but hearsay.

Just take it as a big lesson learned as I'm sure many of us here would love to be in your position ☺, being convicted of DD is quite a life changing thing.

They have no evidence against you so they can't prosecute you for the opinion of a (biased) member of the public.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off