Can still travel to australia

Convicted Driver Insurance

Gsl83

I was wondering if anyone has travelled to australia with a drink driving conviction? I have travelled to USA while banned but just didn't put anything on the esta and had no issues
Thank you

As far as I'm aware there are no issues travelling to Oz with a drink driving conviction.

Canada & the States are the two countries you need to be mindful of. They are extremely robust about people entering their countries with ANY recordable convictions.

CJ

Will not be a problem for visiting, it only becomes a problem if you need a visa for working there.

I'm aware of the strict Canadian rules and luckily I haven't had yet to travel back there since my conviction, but I could easily get a US B1/B2 10-year visa even with a fresh conviction in 2016 (I still had to complete my DD course and get the reduction to 9 months back then). Clearly I had to include my criminal record with the application as well as undergo a medical test, all of which didn't come cheap, but in the end the visa took only two weeks to be approved. Finally, at some point next year I should also be able to travel again to Canada (if nothing changed I should be good for them after 5 years since my conviction).
All the best,
Z

I'm aware of the strict Canadian rules and luckily I haven't had yet to travel back there since my conviction, but I could easily get a US B1/B2 10-year visa even with a fresh conviction in 2016 (I still had to complete my DD course and get the reduction to 9 months back then). Clearly I had to include my criminal record with the application as well as undergo a medical test, all of which didn't come cheap, but in the end the visa took only two weeks to be approved. Finally, at some point next year I should also be able to travel again to Canada (if nothing changed I should be good for them after 5 years since my conviction).
All the best,
Z
I was reading up about this because I was a tad afraid of implications with travel with conviction. I also tried to find previous relevant threads on the site but had some trouble searching

Edit: I've just found the link to the relevant thread so I'll just put it below.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off