Can anyone share a screenshot of the DVLA licence check online?

Convicted Driver Insurance

southLondon

Can any one share a screen shot of the DVLA licence check.. with a disqualification? Its been three weeks now since my incident, and two weeks since the magistrates court hearing
Nothing has been updated on the website for my offence. I'm due to go on holiday and have a rental car booked. am thinking to chance in case they check.

Capture.PNG

Can any one share a screen shot of the DVLA licence check.. with a disqualification? Its been three weeks now since my incident, and two weeks since the magistrates court hearing
Nothing has been updated on the website for my offence. I'm due to go on holiday and have a rental car booked. am thinking to chance in case they check.

View attachment 309
So what you are saying is you were banned 2 weeks ago.

Not a good idea to try and hire a car without a valid driving licence. You obviously did not hand your photo licence over at court or send it to DVLA.

Regardless of what it says on the DVLA website, you are banned from driving as soon as you are convicted and sentenced.

If you crash the rental car you will be held personally liable for ALL costs associated with the crash.

Would be pretty stupid to do that, plus you would probably get a prison sentence in the worse circumstance.

View attachment 309
Are you for real. You have just been band for drink driving and now you want to drive abroad without a licence (n)

I don’t get it. My understanding is that once you have been heard by the magistrates you are basically sentenced, correct? I haven’t heard anything back since was in custody on 30.06.2021, so I am still able to drive correct? Still waiting for bloods test and a court date…

ack since was in custody on 30.06.2021, s
So what you are saying is you were banned 2 weeks ago.

Not a good idea to try and hire a car without a valid driving licence. You obviously did not hand your photo licence over at court or send it to DVLA.

Regardless of what it says on the DVLA website, you are banned from driving as soon as you are convicted and sentenced.

If you crash the rental car you will be held personally liable for ALL costs associated with the crash.

Would be pretty stupid to do that, plus you would probably get a prison sentence in the worse circumstance.

I wasn't asked to hand it over at the police station or the magistrates.
At the police station they simply charge you and make a recommendation to the CPS.
At the court the CPS ask the court..
So far nothing else has happend, though the magistrates have sent their bill (court costs and fine) and sent letter about drink driving course.

I wasn't asked to hand it over at the police station or the magistrates.
At the police station they simply charge you and make a recommendation to the CPS.
At the court the CPS ask the court..
So far nothing else has happend, though the magistrates have sent their bill (court costs and fine) and sent letter about drink driving course.
Get real your banned from the moment you walk out of the courts (simple) I still have my driving licence from being banned 7 years ago it makes no odds what so ever. A ban means you cannot drive full stop.

Are you for real. You have just been band for drink driving and now you want to drive abroad without a licence (n)
to be
I don’t get it. My understanding is that once you have been heard by the magistrates you are basically sentenced, correct? I haven’t heard anything back since was in custody on 30.06.2021, so I am still able to drive correct? Still waiting for bloods test and a court date…
after the police station you are still allowed to drive. But yes if the court sentances you, its from that moment on. Though in court they say you are disqualified from driving in the UK..

Obv if you drive abroad that is fine, except you have a current disqualification, which means for practical purposes your not driving abroad.

That said, my experience is different. having lived and worked abroad for many years and had a few situations whilst abroad.

to be

after the police station you are still allowed to drive. But yes if the court sentances you, its from that moment on. Though in court they say you are disqualified from driving in the UK..

Obv if you drive abroad that is fine, except you have a current disqualification, which means for practical purposes your not driving abroad.

That said, my experience is different. having lived and worked abroad for many years and had a few situations whilst abroad.
Wrong on every count and stop twisting things. Your banned in the uk so have no valid licence which means you cannot drive in the uk or abroad anywhere.

to be

If you have an overseas driving licence, you can probably drive on that as UK courts have no jurisdiction over foreign issued licences.

If your UK licence was your only licence then you are now banned as from the date of your conviction and won't be able to use it to hire a car overseas as even although you have physically held onto the little bit of plastic and you could probably use it to hire a car overseas, you will be driving illegally, will be effectively uninsured and as I previously stated, will probably be liable for all costs associated with any accidents, up to and including the cost of writing off multiple vehicles, associated damage and personal injury damage.

So don't try and 'play' the system. It just isn't worth.

In your case that is correct because you have not yet been tried.

In the OP's case, then no, he has been sentenced and banned so he cannot drive.

Southlondon, you said: “agree (fraud and dishonesty) are the big no no, as most of the fitness to be regulated language goes on about the relevance of the conviction to your duties to either deal honestly with clients money or their investment decisions.”
Well drink driving might be seen as an unplanned mistake, but hiring a car whilst disqualified, and producing a driving licence to “prove” you can drive then driving knowing you have no insurance is pretty severe, and I am sure the FCA would take a very dim view of it…. And the court.

Wrong on every count and stop twisting things. Your banned in the uk so have no valid licence which means you cannot drive in the uk or abroad anywhere.

Southlondon, you said: “agree (fraud and dishonesty) are the big no no, as most of the fitness to be regulated language goes on about the relevance of the conviction to your duties to either deal honestly with clients money or their investment decisions.”
Well drink driving might be seen as an unplanned mistake, but hiring a car whilst disqualified, and producing a driving licence to “prove” you can drive then driving knowing you have no insurance is pretty severe, and I am sure the FCA would take a very dim view of it…. And the court.
yes you are right.
I booked the rental car about ten months ago though.

We've called up the hire firm and have planned that my partner take the car, but so far dealing with the local company has been difficult to say the least and they have just told us to turn up and put her as the main driver.

does the online DVLA website/check normally show a disqualification though?

yes you are right.

We've called up the hire firm and have planned that my partner take the car, but so far dealing with the local company has been difficult to say the least and they have just told us to turn up and put her as the main driver.

If your partner will be driving then what is the issue? Unless of course, you intend 'sharing' the driving with her. You don't do you?

The DVLA website will eventually show your disqualification, however no one has access to this apart from you and anyone you want to share it with.

So reading between the lines, what I think you are asking is will the car hire company be able to find out if you have been disqualified. The answer is no, not unless you give them access to your details on the site.

If you present a driving licence to them, they will take it at face value.

However, legally you are disqualified from driving. To drive in Europe you require to hold a valid UK driving licence, which can be used for up to a year.

You no longer hold a valid UK driving licence so cannot drive in Europe.

There is no way around this, so take it on the chin, accept it and let your partner do the driving.

yes you are right.

With respect it, sounds like the hire firm have given you a sensible option rather than being difficult. There could be more to it of course

There is no way around this, so take it on the chin, accept it and let your partner do the driving.

Based on what I've read above...... I am betting that this may not happen !

I cannot see why you cannot cancel your booking, so long as there is at least 3 days before your trip, and then get your partner to do a booking in her name? Is it complicated because the booking is for abroad? Even then the cancellation should be possible.
This is what Enterprise say, and I expect other companies offer similar conditions:

“Will I be charged if I cancel my reservation?

If you did not prepay for your reservation there will not be a cancellation fee.

If you prepaid your booking and you cancel 3 days or more before your specified pick up time you will receive a full refund of the total amount.

If you cancel your booking less than 3 days before your specified pick up time we will refund the full amount of the booking and charge a cancellation fee of £40. If the total amount is less than the cancellation fee no refund will be given.”

The way you have worded what the hire company have said, they are suggesting that you just turn up and swap the drivers round, so her as the main driver and you as the secondary one, (but you have no intention of driving….) but as the booking is in your name, you cannot in all honesty sign that agreement. (Remember what you said about integrity as a FCA person - Honesty and integrity……..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off