ByMiles Insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

Scottish94

Hi,

Sorted car insurance for when I am unbanned in a couple weeks, figured I'd write about the company here as it may help others in the same situation. All my quotes were around £1300-2000 apart from a company called ByMiles. I only do around 3000 miles a year but works out around £650 (in total) for me with them. They are on one of the comparison sites, was how I found them. They send you a black box which tracks your milage but doesn't track anything else (speed etc). Worth looking into for anyone who also has a DR10 as it was comfortably the cheapest that I could find. This is for a new C-Class too. Hopefully this helps someone,

Thanks for that, may well help others.
All insurance companies ask you for your mileage, and I suppose they could check, if there was a big claim, against MOT records etc to see what mileage the car had done.... but this is the first company I have seen that fits a tracker to record the mileage- and only the mileage!
They could just ask for a date stamped picture of the mileage on the speedometer though? I know someone could fiddle it by taking a picture of another dashboard but they would have to find the same model Car but with 3000 miles more that the last one they submitted and travel to take the picture.......

Thanks for that, may well help others.
All insurance companies ask you for your mileage, and I suppose they could check, if there was a big claim, against MOT records etc to see what mileage the car had done.... but this is the first company I have seen that fits a tracker to record the mileage- and only the mileage!
They could just ask for a date stamped picture of the mileage on the speedometer though? I know someone could fiddle it by taking a picture of another dashboard but they would have to find the same model Car but with 3000 miles more that the last one they submitted and travel to take the picture.......

Adrian Flux do the exact same thing....mileage recording only.

Scottish 94,
Whilst the insurance does look good, it isn’t quite what you think as regards to what they record, see this quote from their website:

‘It’s not our job to enforce speed limits or coach your driving (though of course we’d always encourage you to drive safely and within legal limits). We won’t use data about how fast you are driving to refuse a claim… unless:

• An accident is severe enough that the police are involved and they want more evidence than they can find at the scene - then they may apply for a court order. Upon receipt of a court order we’d need to share with them any data that they request from us; and
  • The police find that you were driving dangerously or taking part in a race or time trials when the accident happened. If that’s the case, then damages to you and your car wouldn’t be covered.
We can also use the Miles Tracker to provide information that may help prove you weren’t at fault for an accident.”

so they DO record all data, but would only release it if ordered to do so.........

Hi,

Sorted car insurance for when I am unbanned in a couple weeks, figured I'd write about the company here as it may help others in the same situation. All my quotes were around £1300-2000 apart from a company called ByMiles. I only do around 3000 miles a year but works out around £650 (in total) for me with them. They are on one of the comparison sites, was how I found them. They send you a black box which tracks your milage but doesn't track anything else (speed etc). Worth looking into for anyone who also has a DR10 as it was comfortably the cheapest that I could find. This is for a new C-Class too. Hopefully this helps someone,
Thanks, they won't insure me for some reason. Gutted! Can't find anything below £1000

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off