Breath tests read 46 at Police station.

Convicted Driver Insurance

alsvoice

Hi, I tested positive on the 30th October. I'm due to return to the police station on 16th December unless I hear from them beforehand.
I provided a blood sample a little over an hour after the breath tests and I was wondering if anyone knew the likelihood of that coming in under the legal limit? I would also be grateful if anyone could tell me if loosing your job and as a result, defaulting on your mortgage would be enough grounds for the court not to ban?
many thanks

Hi, I tested positive on the 30th October. I'm due to return to the police station on 16th December unless I hear from them beforehand.
I provided a blood sample a little over an hour after the breath tests and I was wondering if anyone knew the likelihood of that coming in under the legal limit? I would also be grateful if anyone could tell me if loosing your job and as a result, defaulting on your mortgage would be enough grounds for the court not to ban?
many thanks

Hi Alsvoice,

Please see the thread 'Tested positive, blew 61mg on friday' which poses a similar question. Im afraid losing your job and defaulting on your mortage is not enough grounds for the court not to ban. If you are found to be over the limit, you will receive a mandatory minimum 12 month ban with the opportunity to go on the drink driving rehabilitation course.

As for you falling under the limit in that space of time, it is possible, however it is hard to say as each person in unique and it depends on numerous factors such as your metabolism, age, weight, stress levels etc

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for your reply. I feared as much!
What if I could show that I could not make a living apart from driving? everything I do revolves around driving. Would an employers reference help on this?

Thanks again.

The law imposes a minimum 12 month ban, reduced to 9 months following the drink driving rehabilitation course, for all drink driving offences.
Your personal circumstances will not enable you to escape a ban no matter how persuasive they might be. They are still relevant, in that they may enable you to persuade a court to impose a more lenient sentence and shorter ban than they would otherside impose but the 12 month minimum will still apply.

It is impossible to say what the likelihood is of your blood sample being under the limit an hour after the incident. This will depend on many different variables. You ought to have been offered a sample of blood to take with you from the police station and this should be stored in a fridge. For a very modest sum (often less than £100) you can have your own independent analysis carried out very quickly (within a few days).

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off