Breath, breath, blood, urine, breath

Convicted Driver Insurance
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick1560

Hi I was stopped at approximately 10pm last night for an alleged traffic violation. (Just over 30mph in a 30, they are not taking any action re this) I was breathalysed and failed. I was then taken to a police station to blow into a machine. Prior to blowing in the machine I needed the toilet and was allowed to urinate. When I did blow into the machine the reading was such that I was told that I would have to have a blood test. Moments later a police surgeon arrived to take my blood but he was unable to do so because my veins are ridiculously narrow. (I have had similar problems at hospital over the years) The policeman said I would then have to give a urine sample. As I had just been to the toilet I struggled but eventually managed to provide one which was thrown away. He then asked me to provide another. Urinating three times in such a short space of time is difficult at best so he told me to drink water. I drank approximately 20 small cups of water in just under an hour and then I managed to urinate a small amount but enough to be accepted by the officer. He said that would be sent off and the results would take up to six weeks. Less than four hours after being arrested I was bailed. The officer then said I need to breathalyse you again and if you fail I cant give you your keys. I passed, he drove me to my car and I drove home. This may be routine but to me it seems at best bizzare. Any thoughts please?

Hi I was stopped at approximately 10pm last night for an alleged traffic violation. (Just over 30mph in a 30, they are not taking any action re this) I was breathalysed and failed. I was then taken to a police station to blow into a machine. Prior to blowing in the machine I needed the toilet and was allowed to urinate. When I did blow into the machine the reading was such that I was told that I would have to have a blood test. Moments later a police surgeon arrived to take my blood but he was unable to do so because my veins are ridiculously narrow. (I have had similar problems at hospital over the years) The policeman said I would then have to give a urine sample. As I had just been to the toilet I struggled but eventually managed to provide one which was thrown away. He then asked me to provide another. Urinating three times in such a short space of time is difficult at best so he told me to drink water. I drank approximately 20 small cups of water in just under an hour and then I managed to urinate a small amount but enough to be accepted by the officer. He said that would be sent off and the results would take up to six weeks. Less than four hours after being arrested I was bailed. The officer then said I need to breathalyse you again and if you fail I cant give you your keys. I passed, he drove me to my car and I drove home. This may be routine but to me it seems at best bizzare. Any thoughts please?
Quick update. I have had several Solicitors respond to my request for assistance for which I am grateful. However, most say that because the arresting officer said I would be charged if I didn't give a urine sample I would be charged with failing to supply a sample I could be acquitted as procedure was not followed. (They say I had failed the breath test with a 44 reading and so its unnecessary to insist I give a second sample) I think I did agree to give the second sample - blood - but the Doctor couldnt find a vein. I was then told I would need to give a urine sample and if I didnt I would be charged with failing to give a sample. I appreciate it is an unusual case but I agreed to give blood, couldnt for no fault of my own and was then told if I dont manage to provide urine I would be charged. Does anybody know which advice I am being given is correct? I appreciate your kind consideration.

Dear Patrick,

Following our conversation on Saturday afternoon, we regret that we are unable to offer advice as your case is not based in Scotland.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best with your case and advise you to seek legal advice from an English based Road Traffic Lawyer. Should you ever require any assistance in Scotland we would be only too happy to help.

Kind regards,

Michael Lyon Solicitors

A week ago last Friday I paid a Solicitor off here to Fax the police to retain the station CCTV and to analyse my sample. I was told the fax would be sent `straight away` and my sample would be done in approximately 7 days. Well 10 days on they cant tell me when, if or where the Fax was sent and my sample is still at my home. I assure you my case will shock ANYBODY involved in this site regardless of how many cases they have heard (Due to developments on Thursday). When these Solicitors take your money they emphasize they appreciate this is a stressful time which is why you want the results of your test back asap. However, today I am told that I am rude because I dont think they have fulfilled their promises when I agreed to pay. Thank you National Motoring Lawyers. At 2pm today you claimed you were ringing me straight back re these issues, but no worries, I didnt believe you.

A week ago last Friday I paid a Solicitor off here to Fax the police to retain the station CCTV and to analyse my sample. I was told the fax would be sent `straight away` and my sample would be done in approximately 7 days. Well 10 days on they cant tell me when, if or where the Fax was sent and my sample is still at my home. I assure you my case will shock ANYBODY involved in this site regardless of how many cases they have heard (Due to developments on Thursday). When these Solicitors take your money they emphasize they appreciate this is a stressful time which is why you want the results of your test back asap. However, today I am told that I am rude because I dont think they have fulfilled their promises when I agreed to pay. Thank you National Motoring Lawyers. At 2pm today you claimed you were ringing me straight back re these issues, but no worries, I didnt believe you.

Dear Patrick,

We are sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with another Firm. We regrettably are not in a position to assist you with your case as it is not based in Scotland. It may be of benefit to you to restart this thread in the England and Wales forum in order that you receive the appropriate advice for that Jurisdiction.

Again we wish you well with your case.

This thread will now be locked as your case does not relate to Scotland and is in no way connected to Michael Lyon Solicitors who provide advice to people via this section of the forum about cases in Scotland. You are posting in the wrong section of the forum.

The Ask a Solicitor Section of the forum for cases relating to England & Wales can be located here, however, it is Sean Joyce from Stephensons Solicitors who provides advice to people on cases relating to England and Wales in the aforementioned England & Wales section of the forum and NOT National Motoring Lawyers as you previously mentioned.

If you would like to ask Sean a particular question about your case in England or Wales then please create a thread in this section.

I believe what has happened is you have clicked through to a law firms web site via a third party Google advertisement displayed somewhere on Drinkdriving.org rather than contacting our resident experienced solicitors who provide advice directly via our forum.

Michael Lyon Solicitors, Stephensons Solicitors nor Drinkdriving.org can be held responsible for the service National Motoring Lawyers has provided you with.

You can actually send your own sample of urine off for analysis yourself, without the help of a third party, directly to an analytical chemist of your choice. A list of Road Traffic Analysts along with their contact details, produced by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), who can analyse samples of urine or blood in order to determine the alcohol content can be viewed online here.

Please feel free to use the appropriate sections of the forum for any further help and advice you may require, furthermore, we always recommend you do your research regarding important matters such as the possibility of criminal charges being brought against you. More information on the provision of blood and urine samples can be found here.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off