Boyfriend failed breath test

Convicted Driver Insurance

scared

Hi,

My boyfriend has been very very stupid and went to a mates house over the weekend, must have had 3-4 drinks throughout the afternoon and got pulled around 8-9pm. Reason being, he was driving down a bypass behind a fire engine, the fire engine was doing less than 40 so he very safely overtook and didn't break the speed limit at all but I don't know if there is some unwritten rule about him overtaking an emergency vehicle even though it obviously wasn't on call. The police didn't actually witness it but a police car was happening to pass and the fireman gestured to pull my bf over.

His breath reading was at 97 and he spent most of the early hours in the cell. We have had the car a week, he is soooo gutted as am I. There is also a chance he will lose his job as part of it does include driving. His boss said he has done it before and knows it is stupid but his concern is the insurance premiums on the company insurance.

However, I have spoken to a solicitor who advised me it isn't worth instructing a solicitor for this because it could cost up to £500 and the case will only take 15 minutes, and the breathiliser doesn't lie, the reading is there so the best way would be for him to plead guilty. She said he should get a 12 month ban with a reduction if he asks for the rehab course, which he wants to do.

Is he ok representing himself then? What do you think he is in for with that circumstance and reading?

He swears he wasn't speeding and has only actually been charged with drink driving, no careless or reckless driving. Bad thing is, he was literally minutes from home but I guess this is what he needs because like most drink drivers, it isn't a one off, he did it regularly. However he has never been charged before and has a clean licence.

Will this fire engine thing be raised? He caused no harm, didn't speed off, he fully co-operated with the police and didn't kick off. His case is in a few weeks. How can we prepare?

Hi,

My boyfriend has been very very stupid and went to a mates house over the weekend, must have had 3-4 drinks throughout the afternoon and got pulled around 8-9pm. Reason being, he was driving down a bypass behind a fire engine, the fire engine was doing less than 40 so he very safely overtook and didn't break the speed limit at all but I don't know if there is some unwritten rule about him overtaking an emergency vehicle even though it obviously wasn't on call. The police didn't actually witness it but a police car was happening to pass and the fireman gestured to pull my bf over.

His breath reading was at 97 and he spent most of the early hours in the cell. We have had the car a week, he is soooo gutted as am I. There is also a chance he will lose his job as part of it does include driving. His boss said he has done it before and knows it is stupid but his concern is the insurance premiums on the company insurance.

However, I have spoken to a solicitor who advised me it isn't worth instructing a solicitor for this because it could cost up to £500 and the case will only take 15 minutes, and the breathiliser doesn't lie, the reading is there so the best way would be for him to plead guilty. She said he should get a 12 month ban with a reduction if he asks for the rehab course, which he wants to do.

Is he ok representing himself then? What do you think he is in for with that circumstance and reading?

He swears he wasn't speeding and has only actually been charged with drink driving, no careless or reckless driving. Bad thing is, he was literally minutes from home but I guess this is what he needs because like most drink drivers, it isn't a one off, he did it regularly. However he has never been charged before and has a clean licence.

Will this fire engine thing be raised? He caused no harm, didn't speed off, he fully co-operated with the police and didn't kick off. His case is in a few weeks. How can we prepare?

hi scared..unfortunately their is no way of your boyfriend getting away with the drink driving offence..their is at least an automatic ban for drink driving of 12 months which is what i think your boyfriend will be hit with.he can then take the course which will take a further 3 months off his ban, reducing it to 3 months..on the day of the court appearance a duty solicitor will be available for your boyfriend to see before he goes in front of the magistrate.the duty solicitor will then represent you infront of the magistrate in the court room..no previous criminal record or police involvement in anything will stand you in good stead..the duty solicitor that i had 2 years ago was absolutely brilliant..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off