Blood test - what do they test?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi,

Does anyone know if a blood test resulting from a drink drive arrest might show up any other illegal substances? Hate to admit it but i've been a major idiot. I am on the border i think - I blew 40 at the station so have got a small chance of getting off yet but wondered if they would sample my blood for aynthing else and potentially raise new charges against me?

Thanks for any responses.

Hi,

Does anyone know if a blood test resulting from a drink drive arrest might show up any other illegal substances? Hate to admit it but i've been a major idiot. I am on the border i think - I blew 40 at the station so have got a small chance of getting off yet but wondered if they would sample my blood for aynthing else and potentially raise new charges against me?

Thanks for any responses.

Did they not take a blood sample at the cop shop ? Why were you not breathalysed roadside ? Reason i ask is cos they normally breath first and then take you station for blood ..

Did they not take a blood sample at the cop shop ? Why were you not breathalysed roadside ? Reason i ask is cos they normally breath first and then take you station for blood ..

My understanding was that he did a breath test at roadside, then went to the police station where he was borderline so a blood sample was taken. Now he is worried that, although his blood sample might come back under the limit, traces of banned substances might show up up in the blood sample.

In answer to the original question, no they don't analyse the blood sample for anything other than blood, at present.

My understanding was that he did a breath test at roadside, then went to the police station where he was borderline so a blood sample was taken. Now he is worried that, although his blood sample might come back under the limit, traces of banned substances might show up up in the blood sample.

In answer to the original question, no they don't analyse the blood sample for anything other than blood, at present.

Agreed, they only check the BAC (blood alcohol content)

p.s. thanks for the clarification

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off