Blood test - waiting time for results

Convicted Driver Insurance

Milly22

Well Known Member
Hello,

I have scoured other threads to try and work out how long people have waited for blood results from the police station.

I understand that there is currently backlogs and delays. It has been 8 weeks for me now. How long have others waited for their bloods to come back after an incident that occurred in a period affected by back logs?

I just wish they would take my license so I can start my ban because I know it will be over the limit significantly. The waiting is horrible and I've managed to get back to some kind of normality which I know will go up in the air again when the result and court comes.

Thanks everybody, you're all amazing even though we don't feel like we are in these circumstances ❤️

It took mine around 6 weeks in 2019, it was terrible waiting knowing I was over. Good luck it gets easier once you've been to court and recieved your ban and fine/cs. Ive just had my medical today. It soon goes by

Reactions: E91
Hello,

I have scoured other threads to try and work out how long people have waited for blood results from the police station.

I understand that there is currently backlogs and delays. It has been 8 weeks for me now. How long have others waited for their bloods to come back after an incident that occurred in a period affected by back logs?

I just wish they would take my license so I can start my ban because I know it will be over the limit significantly. The waiting is horrible and I've managed to get back to some kind of normality which I know will go up in the air again when the result and court comes.

Thanks everybody, you're all amazing even though we don't feel like we are in these circumstances ❤️
Hi Milly22

I totally sympathise with you, the waiting is hell! I also totalled my car so I am carless and feel like a caged tiger wondering whether to buy a cheap run around until my court case or just tough it out.

I was caught and my bloods were taken on 10 April 2022 and I still have nothing from the police and it has been 10 weeks for me so far and I haven't heard anything. I tried calling the hospital, and my GP but no one has anything to tell me. I also know I will be over the limit. I know there are delays and the police said it will take months but it is very difficult.

I know this won't be much solace to you but I hope that knowing other people are with you helps a little!

Take care x

I waited 7 weeks this time last year.
It was the worst thing I think I’ve ever experienced. I really understand how you feel.
The police called me the day before my birthday. My blood came back on the limit so I didn’t lose my licence. I got lucky but taught me a lesson not to do that again. Best of luck.

Hi Milly22

I totally sympathise with you, the waiting is hell! I also totalled my car so I am carless and feel like a caged tiger wondering whether to buy a cheap run around until my court case or just tough it out.

I was caught and my bloods were taken on 10 April 2022 and I still have nothing from the police and it has been 10 weeks for me so far and I haven't heard anything. I tried calling the hospital, and my GP but no one has anything to tell me. I also know I will be over the limit. I know there are delays and the police said it will take months but it is very difficult.

I know this won't be much solace to you but I hope that knowing other people are with you helps a little!

Take care x
I have motorbikes too so if needs must I do have my own transport however I have been trying to get used to using public transport as I know it is the ultimate outcome! Thought I might as well try out the weekly bus pass... Its not all that bad if that helps. Although if you have children I guess that's a different story.

Hopefully we will know more soon. The sooner they do the sooner we can start ticking off months on the ban and get the whole experience over and done with, move on properly etc!

Thank you for your reply x

I waited 7 weeks this time last year.
It was the worst thing I think I’ve ever experienced. I really understand how you feel.
The police called me the day before my birthday. My blood came back on the limit so I didn’t lose my licence. I got lucky but taught me a lesson not to do that again. Best of luck.
Oh so they rang you? I don't know if they will ring me or just send a letter! The policeman in charge of my arrest etc was actually really lovely, I contacted him to say thank you for being so patient etc and he did reply so maybe he will get in touch when they find out.

Oh so they rang you? I don't know if they will ring me or just send a letter! The policeman in charge of my arrest etc was actually really lovely, I contacted him to say thank you for being so patient etc and he did reply so maybe he will get in touch when they find out.
Yeah the arresting officer called me.
They will either call you or send a letter. I hope it works out ok for you

I have motorbikes too so if needs must I do have my own transport however I have been trying to get used to using public transport as I know it is the ultimate outcome! Thought I might as well try out the weekly bus pass... Its not all that bad if that helps. Although if you have children I guess that's a different story.

Hopefully we will know more soon. The sooner they do the sooner we can start ticking off months on the ban and get the whole experience over and done with, move on properly etc!

Thank you for your reply x
Any news yet? I hope you are holding up ok. I still haven't heard a thing and having a tough week. I almost bought a second hand camper van today, but after my auntie told me it's not worth it to leave it rusting on the street, I figured I just have to wait. Knowing my luck I'll get the letter the day after I buy it. I feel like I ought to do a diary like they had in the Big Brother house: Day 81: Sonar is pacing the house like a caged animal, trapped in limbo until the letter lands on her doormat!

Take care and keep in touch. Maybe we can help each other through this crappy waiting time. :)

Any news yet? I hope you are holding up ok. I still haven't heard a thing and having a tough week. I almost bought a second hand camper van today, but after my auntie told me it's not worth it to leave it rusting on the street, I figured I just have to wait. Knowing my luck I'll get the letter the day after I buy it. I feel like I ought to do a diary like they had in the Big Brother house: Day 81: Sonar is pacing the house like a caged animal, trapped in limbo until the letter lands on her doormat!

Take care and keep in touch. Maybe we can help each other through this crappy waiting time. :)
In England they have 6months to get you to court am in Scotland which is 12 months and he waited the 12 month by the time it went to court it was time barred and his case was dismissed on the news other night the courts are back logged so yours might be lucky and it goes over

In England they have 6months to get you to court am in Scotland which is 12 months and he waited the 12 month by the time it went to court it was time barred and his case was dismissed on the news other night the courts are back logged so yours might be lucky and it goes over
Thanks - that would be great if it happened! I am in England but I daren't be so optimistic about this happening to me after 6 months. Still, I'm half way there already. Do you know if the back log is equally bad in England? I feel for you guys up in Scotland, 6 months is bad enough but 12 months is a shocking time to wait.

Thanks - that would be great if it happened! I am in England but I daren't be so optimistic about this happening to me after 6 months. Still, I'm half way there already. Do you know if the back log is equally bad in England? I feel for you guys up in Scotland, 6 months is bad enough but 12 months is a shocking time to wait.
The back log is as bad in England regarding blood results 6 months is bad my son went to the last day

No news here either - I feel like my mental health has taken a nose dive again. It's funny you should say that because I have actually started writing a diary entry each day to try and process my thoughts and feelings about everything in life.... I THINK it's helping?

That would be lovely, it certainly is helpful having you people x

I'm in the same position, it's awfull being in limbo

Reactions: E91
I'm in the same position, it's awfull being in limbo
It is awful. Hopefully we won't have to hang on until the last day like your son, Robbie19. For people like us who have to wait you would hope that the sentencing would be more lenient (when we eventually get there). If someone has their court date for the time that they were supposed to (ie 6 weeks) then they'd be a good way through their ban by now. It is like we are being doubly punished. I guess there is nothing to be done except wait and try and support one another. @Milly22 that is a great idea to keep a diary. You can let all your frustrations and worries out that way. Take care all of you. x

Re possibly getting a new vehicle, if you go down this route and try to insure it, they will ask you re any matters pending ….. this may complicate things

Re possibly getting a new vehicle, if you go down this route and try to insure it, they will ask you re any matters pending ….. this may complicate things
@Polly3 many thanks for that - I did wonder about this as I could find no information about this anywhere else. Do you know if this also applies to hiring a vehicle? I want to go away for a night or two and need to hire a car. I have been fretting as to whether i would have to disclose this. It is best to know ahead of time so it doesn't stomp all over my plans! Thanks, any information gratefully received (planning to use it on weekend of 22-24 July if I hire one).

@Polly3 many thanks for that - I did wonder about this as I could find no information about this anywhere else. Do you know if this also applies to hiring a vehicle? I want to go away for a night or two and need to hire a car. I have been fretting as to whether i would have to disclose this. It is best to know ahead of time so it doesn't stomp all over my plans! Thanks, any information gratefully received (planning to use it on weekend of 22-24 July if I hire one).
I’m not 100% sure re hire car but have a feeling that there may be a Q that would address this . This may not come to light until you are signing documents on picking it up .

OK thank you - it is better to know than to have a nasty shock on the day. I am so glad that you mentioned it as I was oblivious and it would have meant that I would have really messed up with this. Thank you.

OK thank you - it is better to know than to have a nasty shock on the day. I am so glad that you mentioned it as I was oblivious and it would have meant that I would have really messed up with this. Thank you.
Please check it out as I am no expert, but have been convicted so know some of the onward consequences. In all insurance policies I’ve ever had they 1. Say you should inform them immediately of any relevant incidents/ changes of circumstances e.g arrest and 2. Whenever I’ve hired a car there are questions re convictions etc and I’m sure there’s be one that covers the scenario you describe .

I had to wait from the May to the October for blood results, then court about 10 days later
That was 3 years ago. The waiting for the results is awful as you are in limbo. Prepare for the worst, plan travel, plan for court - get character statements, etc do all you can I even went to sit in the court in a public gallery- someone suggested it on this forum & this helped as knew what to do, where to go etc. Plan if legal representation please just use a local firm, identify a company, basically plan all. Plus ensure if you are on a professional register ensure you have checked what you have to do once charged so again it’s all ready. And keep your employer in the loop. I got a thick letter in the post I could see what it was as under name in the address window I saw case number xxx
If you come back ok then breath move on but learn-
If it’s positive then you are ready to go to court
I wasn’t a big drinker ( stopped night after( but now teatotal I found drinking even a glass of champagne at a wedding brought back memories of being stopped etc
Post court it’s easier honestly
You survive, you find out who your true friends are& now I’ve been back driving nearly 2 years
I still shudder at the memories but they are dimmer
Sadly I had a lot of local press coverage due to my job so pray for it not being a slow news week
You survive & can thrive

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off