Blood Test CDT recovery time

Convicted Driver Insurance

Matt77

Hi folks,
I posted on here in January after having a CDT test and a huge binge over Christmas. I can't find or recall who gave me advice, but it put my mind at ease.
So I went totally sober after all that time SERIOUSLY binging - and I postponed my test for a week too.
When I was worried I would be written off, even after 5 weeks sober - my body changed and I felt the difference, and I'm pleased to say with relief I got my license through today.
When I went for the test, the doctor said "DVLA are NOT out to punish you for drinking, they just need to make sure you're safe"
So I just wanted to say.... even if you have had a binge, don't write yourself off.... Just take it seriously and enjoy if you can stop... you'll be ok. Hope that helps

Hi folks,
I posted on here in January after having a CDT test and a huge binge over Christmas. I can't find or recall who gave me advice, but it put my mind at ease.
So I went totally sober after all that time SERIOUSLY binging - and I postponed my test for a week too.
When I was worried I would be written off, even after 5 weeks sober - my body changed and I felt the difference, and I'm pleased to say with relief I got my license through today.
When I went for the test, the doctor said "DVLA are NOT out to punish you for drinking, they just need to make sure you're safe"
So I just wanted to say.... even if you have had a binge, don't write yourself off.... Just take it seriously and enjoy if you can stop... you'll be ok. Hope that helps
Click on your username on the top of the page matt and click on content. That will take you to previous posts you made and good news well done mate.My application been in over a month and DVLA confirmed they have received it so playing the waiting game now.

Click on your username on the top of the page matt and click on content. That will take you to previous posts you made and good news well done mate.My application been in over a month and DVLA confirmed they have received it so playing the waiting game now.
It was Grice..........say no more! 😀

Thanks. Best wishes. Mine took 4 weeks, so should there soon.

Last edited:
Yes - Thanks Grice. You really stopped me loosing it. I just kept sober and kept a bit of Faith.

Good on you Matt. Glad to hear about the result and that you were able to stick to what we talked about, that's what it's all about. Happy motoring!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off