Blew 47, blood taken 6 hours later.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Woolcock

Hi
Yesterday I had I bump all airbags went off, I blew 47 in the hand held device, due to being in shock and a high heart rate I was taken to hospital, my bloods were taken roughly 6-8 hours after I’ve blown 47, I’m frankly shitting it now I work in the motor trade, everyone keeps saying I’ll be fine due to the time scale! But I generally have bad luck! Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

Sam

You'll almost definitely be fine but I wouldn't say you had bad luck...you were incredibly lucky you were taken straight to the station and given a sample there, as you'd now be awaiting a court date for a guaranteed ban.

That said, as you had an accident and were obviously over the limit, the police could conduct a back calculation and work out what your levels were when you were driving. The probably won't but they could.

You'll almost definitely be fine but I wouldn't say you had bad luck...you were incredibly lucky you were taken straight to the station and given a sample there, as you'd now be awaiting a court date for a guaranteed ban.

That said, as you had an accident and were obviously over the limit, the police could conduct a back calculation and work out what your levels were when you were driving. The probably won't but they could.
Hi thanks James, nothing like this has ever happened but it’s probably the worst thing that could! Any ideas how long I’ll be waiting for blood results? 8 hours from a blown 47 I just hope I’m under!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off