Blew 42 - 2 whiskies and coke

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi,
Guess it’s been a difficult time for all with the lockdown so it was a nice gathering for the first time in a while after a few months and I did tone down my drinking that evening and to be honest a friend did offer me a lift home. Nonetheless, silly mistake and no excuse for my actions. Stopped shortly after heading home and blew 42. I was totally calm with the police and remember every second of it. Waited around 20 mins for another police car to bring a test kit so was having a general chat with the 3 officers. Anyhow they arrested me ( no handcuffs) and took me to the local station. Checked in with the sergeant and then they made me do the breathalyser test again and blew 42. Straight in a cell for 8 hours (2am), released at 10am. I asked to call the missus at around 4am to let her know I won’t be home until later on explaining what had happened.
Court date mid August , I will update!
Wonder if I could request community service over having a driving ban? Main bread winner for a family of 8 so it will have some implications. Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

There is no alternative to disqualification. The magistrates have to impose a ban of 12-16 months for a reading of 42.
This will be reduced by up to 25% if you are offered and accept a drink drive rehabilitation course. Ask for it if you are not offered as it cannot be offered when your case is finished in court.

There is no alternative to disqualification. The magistrates have to impose a ban of 12-16 months for a reading of 42.
This will be reduced by up to 25% if you are offered and accept a drink drive rehabilitation course. Ask for it if you are not offered as it cannot be offered when your case is finished in court.
Thanks for the advice much appreciated 👍🏼

sorry I totally forgot about the Forum. Court date was in August. I had a barrister with me, took 2 references from work and a charity I was helping out over lockdown. To be honest, judges were pretty ruthless with me. £900 fine reduced to £550 for early please and 12 month ban Reduced to 9 months if I did the course. Took it on the chin, will sit the course in December or Jan. I’ve managed to lease my car in the meantime and have bought myself an e-scooter.

sorry I totally forgot about the Forum. Court date was in August. I had a barrister with me, took 2 references from work and a charity I was helping out over lockdown. To be honest, judges were pretty ruthless with me. £900 fine reduced to £550 for early please and 12 month ban Reduced to 9 months if I did the course. Took it on the chin, will sit the course in December or Jan. I’ve managed to lease my car in the meantime and have bought myself an e-scooter.

not such agood idea. They are only legal as a rental scooter, not if you own one, and you have to have a driving licence:

Driving licences
You must have the category Q entitlement on your driving licence to use an e-scooter. A full or provisional UK licence for categories AM, A or B includes entitlement for category Q. If you have one of these licences, you can use an e-scooter.”

how much did you spend on a barrister, you got the same result as if you had just turned up by yourself and said “sorry “ !
the fine is income based the more you earn, the bigger the fine..... If you turn up with a barrister the court think you earn plenty.

not such agood idea. They are only legal as a rental scooter, not if you own one, and you have to have a driving licence:

Driving licences
You must have the category Q entitlement on your driving licence to use an e-scooter. A full or provisional UK licence for categories AM, A or B includes entitlement for category Q. If you have one of these licences, you can use an e-scooter.”

how much did you spend on a barrister, you got the same result as if you had just turned up by yourself and said “sorry “ !
the fine is income based the more you earn, the bigger the fine..... If you turn up with a barrister the court think you earn plenty.

You’re absolutely right about the scooter however where I live in London, everyone is on them. So couldn’t care less if they tried stopping me.
Barrister was mates rates and again you’re right if I represented myself. However because of previous convictions it was less harsh and yes because of income the fine was a lot higher than average. Oh well 🤷🏼‍♂️ He who dares wins

Probably most of them are not disqualified drivers. If you are stopped by the police you will face a further ban on driving motor vehicles, and very high insurance rates afterwards because of it.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off