Blew 107 and crashed into railings

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ohdearme20

Last week I drove my car approximately 30 miles before crashing into some railings after a roundabout. The police were called by a witness. I blew 107 at roadside.

I am absolutely devastated with myself that I had been so reckless. Before I decided to drive there had been an extremely hostile argument with my ex partner and I was intending to stay with a friend . I have also been under immense stress with extensive debt, work stress, relationship breakdown and depression. I am sole carer for my two children ( who weren't with me at the time ). I have a history of problems with alcohol and had been abstinence for five years but all the pressures built up and on that awful day I relapsed and drank. I have not yet lost my job but it's possible as I work in the community with vulnerable adults and driving is pretty essential.

I will have to represent myself I think. I cant afford a solicitor as I'm already in financial ruin. I've even considered suicide due to the shame of what I have done , but that would leave devastation for my children.

How best can I put forward a plea of mitigation? During interview at station, the duty solicitor prepared a written statement for me rather than be questioned to avoid relaying how far I'd actually driven. I was prompted to answer no comment when the police tried to probe on how far I'd driven, where I was going etc. Will this be questioned in Court ?

I apologise for the rambling post. I am terrified of the outcome of Court.

Kind regards

Firstly, I have to address the big point and that is the suicidal thoughts. I can tell you that whilst I'm sure life feels at rock bottom, things will be better once you have been to Court and had the matter dealt with. If you do start feeling down please do seek help from your doctor or help lines such as the samaritans.

As to Court, if hiring a solicitor isn't an option you should speak to the duty solicitor who will be available at Court. They will happily help you out in your guilty plea and do the talking for you. They will present your case in the best possible way. I doubt the Court will ask how far you drove but I dont think it will have a massive bearing upon the sentence.

Keep you chin up. The night is darkest just before dawn.

All the best.
Martin.

Thank you , I have sought help via my GP.

My employer will do a character reference for me as well. Can I access the duty solicitor on the day ? I was under the impression that it was only available for a definite custodial sentence ?

Kind regards

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off