Bit of advice??

Convicted Driver Insurance

rosie123

Hi,

Since the first lockdown in the UK i’ve really struggled with alcohol abuse. I was recently arrested for drink driving and am due in court on Wednesday. I feel so ashamed about what I have done and I really have no excuse, I have not drank since and I won’t. I’m terrified. I’m 21, this is my first offence, i blew 104 on the breathalyser. I’m so worried I’m going to go to prison. I’ve since contacted GP and a local alcohol and drugs organisation, i’ve got my character witnesses. I just want a bit of advice really? Am I likely to go to jail?

Thanks, Rosie

Don't worry you are so not going to jail people have been caught drink driving 4 times and not gone to jail so I can 100% guarantee you are not going to jail you will get a ban of around 2 and half yearsask for the drink driving course that will take half a year off a fine and will have to do a medical so chill and Court aint that bad

Don't worry you are so not going to jail people have been caught drink driving 4 times and not gone to jail so I can 100% guarantee you are not going to jail you will get a ban of around 2 and half yearsask for the drink driving course that will take half a year off a fine and will have to do a medical so chill and Court aint that bad
Thank you for responding x

Hi,

Since the first lockdown in the UK i’ve really struggled with alcohol abuse. I was recently arrested for drink driving and am due in court on Wednesday. I feel so ashamed about what I have done and I really have no excuse, I have not drank since and I won’t. I’m terrified. I’m 21, this is my first offence, i blew 104 on the breathalyser. I’m so worried I’m going to go to prison. I’ve since contacted GP and a local alcohol and drugs organisation, i’ve got my character witnesses. I just want a bit of advice really? Am I likely to go to jail?

Thanks, Rosie
Hiya Rosie, welcome to forum, I've attached sentencing guidelines for you, with blowing 104 you're gonna be looking at 23-28 months ban. To give you some guideline I blew 101 defended myself plead guilty, apologised etc etc and got 24 month ban, £85 court costs and £85 victim surcharge and 80 hours community service. If you're working and have money you may get a larger fine, you won't end up in jail.

Go to Court suited and booted don't be going in your trackies and air max, if you're defending yourself call the Magistrates "Your Worship" or sir or ma'am when speaking to them.

As Guy says if they don't offer you the drink drive course, you ask for it, once Court is done you can't ask for it after or anything like that, if you're fined you can pay it weekly if need be, think that's about it really, good luck!

JimBob and Guygibson have set out the court situation well for you.

You also have to consider your situation when you come to get your licence back. Read up on here about the High Risk Offender medical process you will have to go through at that point. You say you have been struggling with alcohol, have you been to your GP about this? If you have then DVLA will want evidence, not just your word, that you either have your drinking under control (if it was recorded as alcohol misuse) or that you have abstained for at least 12 months (if alcohol dependent)

It doesn’t matter what you think your situation was, it is how your GP recorded it and how DVLA react to it.... so if you have seen your GP about alcohol issues it will pay you at some point to check what is on your records.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off