bit of a mess

Convicted Driver Insurance

bad past

hi, think im in a bit of a mess, hoping some one can point me in the right direction. im banned from driving till 7/4/2022 , but am starting to get ready to get back on the road.. my problem is that i have never told my doctor that i moved home ( only 5 miles, but it has moved me out of his boundery) this is because i quite like my doctor and iv been with them all my life..if he knew id moved. id be told to go.. i still own my old house at the old addressand could move back anytime i like, (not sure what wife would say though...) would dvla definatly cotact my doctor? im also worried about the time line, changing doctors might realy slow things down.. many thanks kevin

hi, think im in a bit of a mess, hoping some one can point me in the right direction. im banned from driving till 7/4/2022 , but am starting to get ready to get back on the road.. my problem is that i have never told my doctor that i moved home ( only 5 miles, but it has moved me out of his boundery) this is because i quite like my doctor and iv been with them all my life..if he knew id moved. id be told to go.. i still own my old house at the old addressand could move back anytime i like, (not sure what wife would say though...) would dvla definatly cotact my doctor? im also worried about the time line, changing doctors might realy slow things down.. many thanks kevin

bad past

Morning

Without knowing the exact circumstances of your drink driving case - you will only do a medical with the DVLA if you are a High Risk Offender (HRO).

If you are a HRO - you do need to consider getting some LFTs under your belt between now and April.

With regard to change of address - does the GP surgery really need to be told your change of address at this stage?

The DVLA will need to be notified about your change of address ASAP - because they will write to you early next year when your ban is coming to an end.

It is actually an offence with the DVLA not to declare a change of address and I believe they can fine people in rare cases!!!!

The GP surgery is a different kettle of fish - I would assume that at this stage you have enough on your plate to deal with.

Again, the only thing you need to be mindful of is if the GP surgery send you correspondence and it goes to the old address!!!!

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off