Been Banned, what to do about insurance?

Convicted Driver Insurance

neo866

I've just received a 17 month ban for D,Driving so i've sorn my car but i'm not sure what to do about my car insurance?
I'm with direct line and i pay monthly, my renewal would be feb next year.
What i'm asking is if i contact them to cancel will i have to pay my remaining months in one go or will i still have to pay monthly till the end of the contract?
I'm sat here wondering if i call them will the tot up the remanding months and give me a final bill to pay because if they do i'm screwed.
Any help would be great!!

What happens with most insurance companies it that they will stop the insurance when you notify them, and not want further payments, but charge you an admin fee of about £50.
If you do not cancel your policy, and Direct Line find out about your disqualification, you run the risk of having the policy voided by them, and this would have implications for when you come to be insured next time.

What happens with most insurance companies it that they will stop the insurance when you notify them, and not want further payments, but charge you an admin fee of about £50.
If you do not cancel your policy, and Direct Line find out about your disqualification, you run the risk of having the policy voided by them, and this would have implications for when you come to be insured next time.

Thanks for the advice i'll call them now

Hi. I never actually cancelled my policy as I pay monthly and my husband is a named driver on my car. I get my licence back in October and then will look around, my existing policy runs out in Jan. This I find the most confusing part.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off