Been arrested for drink driving. Scared

• Thread starter Deleted member 11354
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance
Yes I would.if you don't inform them they will ask when you come to apply again,is it black cabs or private hire doing the most work in bristol

Yesterday I was arrested for drink driving. My breath test was 75. I have a court date next month. I have never been in trouble with the police I have never even received a parking ticket. I am so upset and disappointed with myself.
Am I suppose to tell my employer about this? I am now so worried that I am going to lose my job because I will have a criminal record.
How long a ban am I looking at?
:(

Firstly, welcome to the forum... if that's the right way of saying it.

I know how you feel, the range of emotions etc. It doesn't seem like it right now, but it will all be ok. You have to do as you see fit for your circumstances, but I would say talking to your employer is a good start. I told mine, and they not only supported me, but also gave me a character reference which I was able to read out in court. I think having them on your side is a great place to be when you attend court. I blew 126, it was my second offence, and still they stood by me... so in comparison you are a model citizen and employee :ROFLMAO:

Speaking from experience, I wasted £800 on a solicitor. They really are not worth the money. Mine did nothing for me. The best advice I can give is to show remorse, read a heartfelt statement to the court and state how sorry you are and how much it is going to impact your life (as a mum of two etc).

As for the policeman telling you how lucky you were not to hurt anyone.... we all know that and they shouldn't really make comments and judge like that. The one dealing with me called me scum of the earth and lowest of the low. Yes, it is a bad thing but not helpful hearing that. I guess we are an easy target as we are not usually in custody and don't know how to react!

I wish you all the best, let us know how you get on and don't be afraid to ask for advice on here. It's a brilliant forum with some very knowledgeable people.

I work in the public sector for a local authority, I’m just not sure how it will affect me having a criminal record? I feel so ashamed of myself.
I am a single mum with two kids, life will be really difficult without a car.
17-22 months seems like so long :( I just can’t stop crying and feeling like the worst person for doing this. The police officer releasing me said I’m lucky I didn’t hurt somewhere or I would be looking at 8-10 years for dangerous driving which made me feel absolutely awful and of course it is completely true.
I have spoken to a solicitor and they said I don’t need to be represented but they can provide a letter of mitigation? Has anyone else done this?

Hello I am a year since I was where you are & remember it in detail. I didn’t get to court until November due to delay in bloods
Some tips
A) tell your employer as we have a case at work where someone didn’t tell us something- gone down badly
B) you will find out who your true friends are
C) you could get in the press so make sure your job is not mentioned in court
D) letter of apology to bench is goid
E) character refs to show how out of character it was
F) I had to get a solicitor as I was wrecked
G) I went for a dummy run which helped
Driving course : I did this in Feb which is good due to lockdown
It’s very hard & post court you will feel better
Telling people - I didn’t pre court apart from a few plus work, but I hit press due to high profile job they picked my name up as I had done some Press releases for them, I also had a professional body enquiriy but they didn’t take it further due to my unblemished record , letter of remorse, character refs from work

So I have had no car for 6 months - managed with transport then lockdown,now can’t het lifts due to social distancing
Couldn’t even go to a funeral as couldn’t her there
It gets easier
This forum has good advice re house insurance yep it affects that as it’s a criminal conviction, Travel is restricted can’t get into Canada & USA complex, & dbs —
I only heard of one person who said they were disgusted with me - who took great delight in telling others in my gym class
Apart from that most people care about you
Be kind to yourself it gets easier
The driving course was ok, good to see you are not on your own

I was driving a taxi at the time and the police informed the council.dont be scared you've not hurt anybody or crashed and am sure you won't lose your job.when is your court date
23 of June :(
Hello I am a year since I was where you are & remember it in detail. I didn’t get to court until November due to delay in bloods
Some tips
A) tell your employer as we have a case at work where someone didn’t tell us something- gone down badly
B) you will find out who your true friends are
C) you could get in the press so make sure your job is not mentioned in court
D) letter of apology to bench is goid
E) character refs to show how out of character it was
F) I had to get a solicitor as I was wrecked
G) I went for a dummy run which helped
Driving course : I did this in Feb which is good due to lockdown
It’s very hard & post court you will feel better
Telling people - I didn’t pre court apart from a few plus work, but I hit press due to high profile job they picked my name up as I had done some Press releases for them, I also had a professional body enquiriy but they didn’t take it further due to my unblemished record , letter of remorse, character refs from work

So I have had no car for 6 months - managed with transport then lockdown,now can’t het lifts due to social distancing
Couldn’t even go to a funeral as couldn’t her there
It gets easier
This forum has good advice re house insurance yep it affects that as it’s a criminal conviction, Travel is restricted can’t get into Canada & USA complex, & dbs —
I only heard of one person who said they were disgusted with me - who took great delight in telling others in my gym class
Apart from that most people care about you
Be kind to yourself it gets easier
The driving course was ok, good to see you are not on your own
thank you so much, really informative post. I’m so scared to tell my work I don’t even know where to start :(

Firstly, welcome to the forum... if that's the right way of saying it.

I know how you feel, the range of emotions etc. It doesn't seem like it right now, but it will all be ok. You have to do as you see fit for your circumstances, but I would say talking to your employer is a good start. I told mine, and they not only supported me, but also gave me a character reference which I was able to read out in court. I think having them on your side is a great place to be when you attend court. I blew 126, it was my second offence, and still they stood by me... so in comparison you are a model citizen and employee :ROFLMAO:

Speaking from experience, I wasted £800 on a solicitor. They really are not worth the money. Mine did nothing for me. The best advice I can give is to show remorse, read a heartfelt statement to the court and state how sorry you are and how much it is going to impact your life (as a mum of two etc).

As for the policeman telling you how lucky you were not to hurt anyone.... we all know that and they shouldn't really make comments and judge like that. The one dealing with me called me scum of the earth and lowest of the low. Yes, it is a bad thing but not helpful hearing that. I guess we are an easy target as we are not usually in custody and don't know how to react!

I wish you all the best, let us know how you get on and don't be afraid to ask for advice on here. It's a brilliant forum with some very knowledgeable people.
Omg! I had another police officer tell me I was a disgrace and drink driving is disgusting which obviously it is but I never felt so small in my life.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me I really appreciate it. I’m so worried about telling my employer and being unemployed on top of all of this

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off