Becoming impatient

Convicted Driver Insurance

SPNkule

Hello again fellow miscreants;). I thought it was about time I availed myself of your vast collective knowledge base..

My disqualification ended mid September 2021. I got a 28 month ban reduced to 21- ish after the course. I got my application in promptly after receiving a form from DVLA mid June. Heard nothing at all until I started checking if the PO had been cashed - I eventually got confirmation from Royal Mail or whatever they call themselves that it had been cashed on 22nd Sept. I got a DVLA medical questionnaire mid October which I sent back promptly. Got a letter back about 3 weeks later saying that my GP had been contacted. I phoned the GP practice only to be told that my doctor was 'on leave' for 2 weeks (working from home must leave them exhausted) but an uncharacteristically helpful secretary promised to follow it up. I got a text from the practice on 17th Dec advising that the forms had been returned.

Heard nothing since & now becoming extremely annoyed :mad: that I have duly completed the sentence I was given but still cannot drive because a government department staffed by morons is in turmoil. I don't need reminding thank you that I got myself into this situation but that's now irrelevant and it's outrageous and unacceptable that nearly 4 months past the end of my ban I can't drive. I've now wasted 4/7ths of the course fee! It's not like it tells you anything you didn't know unless you're really thick, and doing it on an iffy Zoom connections was pathetic.

I'm enjoying the ebike though - chasing dogs and scattering pedestrians. Pity I stopped drinking - I'm sure it would be more enjoyable after a pint or two of something strong. Anyway, I thought the usual sequence was that one attended the medical, then the GP was contacted? I haven't been asked to attend a medical, so have I got this fun treat to look forward to (do they stick their finger up your bottom? :eek:,) presumably with more long periods of waiting, or might my licence appear on the doormat one spring morning, on top of the pile of unopened bills? Any encouraging advice?

Hello again fellow miscreants;). I thought it was about time I availed myself of your vast collective knowledge base..

My disqualification ended mid September 2021. I got a 28 month ban reduced to 21- ish after the course. I got my application in promptly after receiving a form from DVLA mid June. Heard nothing at all until I started checking if the PO had been cashed - I eventually got confirmation from Royal Mail or whatever they call themselves that it had been cashed on 22nd Sept. I got a DVLA medical questionnaire mid October which I sent back promptly. Got a letter back about 3 weeks later saying that my GP had been contacted. I phoned the GP practice only to be told that my doctor was 'on leave' for 2 weeks (working from home must leave them exhausted) but an uncharacteristically helpful secretary promised to follow it up. I got a text from the practice on 17th Dec advising that the forms had been returned.

Heard nothing since & now becoming extremely annoyed :mad: that I have duly completed the sentence I was given but still cannot drive because a government department staffed by morons is in turmoil. I don't need reminding thank you that I got myself into this situation but that's now irrelevant and it's outrageous and unacceptable that nearly 4 months past the end of my ban I can't drive. I've now wasted 4/7ths of the course fee! It's not like it tells you anything you didn't know unless you're really thick, and doing it on an iffy Zoom connections was pathetic.

I'm enjoying the ebike though - chasing dogs and scattering pedestrians. Pity I stopped drinking - I'm sure it would be more enjoyable after a pint or two of something strong. Anyway, I thought the usual sequence was that one attended the medical, then the GP was contacted? I haven't been asked to attend a medical, so have I got this fun treat to look forward to (do they stick their finger up your bottom? :eek:,) presumably with more long periods of waiting, or might my licence appear on the doormat one spring morning, on top of the pile of unopened bills? Any encouraging advice?
All I can really say is normally a medical is asked to get CDT results. Be glad you don't need to do a urine test or you'd be waiting 6+ months just for the results. Make sure you declare no alcohol consumption on the medical.

All I can really say is normally a medical is asked to get CDT results. Be glad you don't need to do a urine test or you'd be waiting 6+ months just for the results. Make sure you declare no alcohol consumption on the medical.
Would u say it best for me not to declare alcohol consumption even if i dont fall in the dependence or misuser category?

OK,
Ok, thanks. I definitely did state that I'd been alcohol free for 18 months - doctor should have verified this as I made sure she logged the date of the final drink. I've also had regular LFTs. I might try writing a letter to wake someone up at DVLA.

Far as I am aware urine sample is only asked for if you have previous drug convictions or your known as dependant. Can anyone confirm? Do you fall in either of these yourself?

Far as I am aware urine sample is only asked for if you have previous drug convictions or your known as dependant. Can anyone confirm? Do you fall in either of these yourself?
That is incorrect, I admitted to using 1-2 of my OLD PRESCRIPTION benzos while banned and they wanted me to do a drug screen. Pathetic really...

That is incorrect, I admitted to using 1-2 of my OLD PRESCRIPTION benzos while banned and they wanted me to do a drug screen. Pathetic really...
What was the outcome?
Do you have to wait months?
Gov.uk dvla should be made accountable,it's rediculous

Are you HRO? A 28-month ban would indicate that you are in this category.

If yes, then I am surprised you have not had to undergo a DVLA medical and CDT blood test, so it may be that you will still need to do this. I applied on July 15th for a ban that expired on October 12th and I am still waiting.

GP has not yet returned the questionnaire so that is the hold-up at present.

My CDT was only 0.30% and I haven't drunk in 2.5 years.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off