Ban End in Sight

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alrac123

Well Known Member
Hiya guys.
I got slapped with 20 months December 2019 and this is reduced to 15 after the course which I start on Saturday for 3 consecutive Saturdays.
What happens next? Do I need to do.anything?
In terms of employment, I know I have a conviction but will my blow figure ever need to be disclosed to employers?

Thank you.
I remember coming on here this time last year, trying to read messages through tears. Thought my life was over.
We have now bought a alcohol blow thing to keep in the house and it has been a lesson for me and my man.

Driving is a privilege, not a right.

Hiya guys.
I got slapped with 20 months December 2019 and this is reduced to 15 after the course which I start on Saturday for 3 consecutive Saturdays.
What happens next? Do I need to do.anything?
In terms of employment, I know I have a conviction but will my blow figure ever need to be disclosed to employers?

Thank you.
I remember coming on here this time last year, trying to read messages through tears. Thought my life was over.
We have now bought a alcohol blow thing to keep in the house and it has been a lesson for me and my man.

Driving is a privilege, not a right.

Evening mate

Drink driving is an unspent conviction for five years. Ideally you should have declared your conviction to your employers back in December 2019. As for prospective jobs you will have to declare it on the application form until December 2024 depending if it is a standard DBS. An enhanced DBS means the drink driving conviction will be disclosable for up to 11 years after the conviction date.

The Drink Driving Course is really good. Once you complete the course - the trainer will forward everyone's details to the central training office (if it is TCC they are based in Telford). TCC will then notify the respective magistrates of each course candidate (where they were convicted) to state they have completed their course and the court clerk will mark their prosecution records up accordingly. The court then has to contact the DVLA to amend your conviction records and change the ban period from 20 months to 15 months.

As you will appreciate, if you only complete the last day of the course on Saturday 23rd January, it will take a few weeks to process the information that your sentence has been reduced. By that time, you will be well into the 60 day time scale to apply for your licence (once the new expiry date is confirmed which at 15 months ban starting in Dec 2019 should be March 2021). I am assuming you are not a HRO?

As soon as you get confirmation the expiry date has been changed to March 2021, I would send a D1 form to the DVLA asap. The D1 is available from most Post Offices.

If you are not a HRO, you will not have to do a medical, so getting your licence back should be really straight forward.

Good luck and enjoy the course.

CJ

Hi no your blow reading does not need to be declared to anybody.i was convicted of drug driving and received a dg10 on my licence.it was for canabiss.it just says on my dibs .....drive a motor verchile whils over the prescribed limit for a controlled drug.........Codene puts you over the limit...

Thanks CJ, neenob

Yeah, it's all been declared to my current and future employers, I just wanted to know whether they need to know my blow rate because it was high 81.

The DBS does not show your reading, but they might guess from the length of your ban that is was more than 'just over'.

The DBS does not show your reading, but they might guess from the length of your ban that is was more than 'just over'.
Your could be right pricey,I got 15 month ban,for drug driving even the judge said it was a low reading but I pleaded not guilty at the first hearing and was able to drive for an extra 3 months maybe that's why he gave me an extra 3 months ban,just a through.

Not sure of your question.....
yo can get a ban of up to 36 months for a single drink driving episode, and the ban commences on the day it is handed out, not the next day. Does that answer your question?

i got 22 months reduced to 16.5 with the DD course, that was failing to provide. Solicitor seems to think i got off very lightly

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off