Ban almost over!

Convicted Driver Insurance

ChrisM1985

Hi Folks,

It's been a long time since I posted on here but I am now at the final stages of my ban, I will be back behind the wheel on the 7th of December after serving the 12 months I was given.

All I can say is it's been a really positive experience after the initial guilt shock and feeling of being ashamed when it first happened. The following 12 months have however been perfectly fine as a better experience than I could have imagined, I got to the point where I actually appreciated not using the car for everyday tasks or errands, I got myself an E bike and feel healthier now than I have for years plus got back into using public transport which I hadn't used in a long time. The car has its benefits and conveniences don't get me wrong but I have learned that life goes on and you adapt without one and I'll always now be less reliant on the car than I was previously, it's a privilege to be able to drive but it's not a given right.

The last 12 months have flown by and will do if you keep yourself busy and occupied, make the best of the situation you find yourself in rather than the negatives. I know some people rely on their car for work purposes etc but the ban is fair for the offense commited.

Lastly I want to thank everyone on this forum who I have seen genuinely invest they're time in helping people with advice and information. At the start I was ashamed, scared and eaten up with guilt but this forum has given me comfort and made it clear yes I was stupid and deserve the punishment but also that it was a mistake a one time offense and that I am still a good person after one night of foolishness.

I will still keep an eye on the forum as this has been a big moment in my life that I'll never forget.

Hi Folks,

It's been a long time since I posted on here but I am now at the final stages of my ban, I will be back behind the wheel on the 7th of December after serving the 12 months I was given.

Without bursting your bubble mate, I wouldn't take it for granted that you will be legal to drive on the 7th December!!!!

I am assuming if you have only served a 12 month ban, you won't fall into the HRO category, so you won't go through the misery and pain of the DVLA medical process. Hopefully, by now you should have sent your renewal off around the 7th October to give it 60 days.

What I would say is, just be mindful that there are ongoing delays with the DVLA system so you might not get your licence back on the 7th. Just stay positive, but obviously try and keep abreast of this forum to get a better concept of the chaos the DVLA is in.

CJ

Without bursting your bubble mate, I wouldn't take it for granted that you will be legal to drive on the 7th December!!!!

I am assuming if you have only served a 12 month ban, you won't fall into the HRO category, so you won't go through the misery and pain of the DVLA medical process. Hopefully, by now you should have sent your renewal off around the 7th October to give it 60 days.

What I would say is, just be mindful that there are ongoing delays with the DVLA system so you might not get your licence back on the 7th. Just stay positive, but obviously try and keep abreast of this forum to get a better concept of the chaos the DVLA is in.

CJ
I got my new photocard license back in October mate so all good there, sent away for it as advised by drink driving awareness course on 7th September. 👍

Great to Hear!- I'm just over half way done myself, 3rd of 4 DD course days tomorrow- just willing myself onto 1st April 2023!
Thanks, just got to keep yourself occupied best you can and the time will fly in from experience.....the first 6 months seemed to take the longest I think due to the thought of how long the ban was for but now that your into the second half it will fly in, you have Xmas coming up, new year etc all landmarks to tick off. Think of it that this is the only Xmas period you won't be driving, and you will be back behind the wheel in time for the spring and summer 😎😊

I got my new photocard license back in October mate so all good there, sent away for it as advised by drink driving awareness course on 7th September. 👍

Nice one. I'm very surprised you got it back so soon, but it sounds like your application has been nowhere near the oiks who work in the medical team who don't know their a**e from their elbow.

CJ

What an inspiring post. For all those just starting on their journey; you give hope. Stay in touch your experience will be invaluable for others x

Nice one. I'm very surprised you got it back so soon, but it sounds like your application has been nowhere near the oiks who work in the medical team who don't know their a**e from their elbow.

CJ
Yeah I got mine back within 3 weeks of applying and 5 weeks before my ban ended, we send it to a different department from HRO and that’s why it doesn’t take as long to return too. I mind on my course the instructor gave the HRO a different postcode than non.

Congratulations on back on the road (as of the 7th) I’m 6 months now from my ban ending and the outlook on everything is so different and I’m more aware, positive and probably mature now. Wishing you all the best, we all make mistakes in life

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off