Bag of Nerves

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pauling

Possibly the daftest thing I have ever done: went in to a meal after work, one drink led to another and ended up deciding to drive back home and obviously got caught. After blowing into twice portable breathalyser with no results ( I guess it didn't register or something, the officer was intimidating), got taken to the station. The machine at the station was broke, so ended up giving a blood sample. Now waiting for the results, highly unlikely to be below legal but hoping it is not too high. It's been so horrible and shameless, esp. when you realise you put yourself in that position. Just one silly decision can lead to so much trouble. I was reading the US Visa forum and felt so bad as I was planning a holiday there soon. The only good thing no one hurt or no aggravating factors.

Just hoping the results turn out not very high to attract longer ban.

Good morning.

Hope you are feeling OK.

I would just like to comment on your question/statement about travel to America.

I was convicted of Drink Driving in July this year and was banned for 20 months. I have since booked a holiday to Florida in january 2011 and have no concerns. Applied for a visa waiver and I am confident I will be fine.

I have read various forums and there seems to be conflicting reports that you need a visa. This is not true! Only crimes of 'Moral turpitude' require a visa.

Hope this helps.

Thank you BT_Boy

That sounds promising. But as of now I feel quite low and am spending the whole day ( and night) worrying. I don't even know if I want to go on a holiday, as I don't know what's the reading yet. Painful wait for weeks. And, all other issues with work etc. I just want to sit in a room and brood. Horrible mistake, just one wrong decision and the world is turned upside down. Feel like a total moron.

I'm sure it will turn out all Ok. Once you walk out of that courtroom you feel, strangely, incredibly good.

I breathed such a sigh of relief even though I was banned for nearly 2 years!

Hopefully your results come under 40 because then charges get dropped if i'm right?

I'm 75% sure the police only prosecute at 40.

Ask if you have any questions by the way!:)

Hopefully your results come under 40 because then charges get dropped if i'm right?

I'm 75% sure the police only prosecute at 40.

The 40mcg prosecution limit only applies to evidential breath samples given at the police station.

If blood results come back higher than 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood a person will be charged.

Hi there think there is plenty of us here that made that silly mistake have to wait for the results back and hope for the best good luck.

The waiting really is the worst part. I had to wait seven weeks over Christmas and New year for my results, then anouther five months for the court date. I know it is difficult to do but you have to try and not beat yourself up over it. You made a mistake as did I, it doesn't make you a bad person or anything else. Once you get the court appearance out of the way then it is matter of adjusting and counting down the days.... even then, you have the worst bit (this waiting) over...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off