Back log for urine sample.

Convicted Driver Insurance

olig

is anyone else being told by the DVLA that there’s a back log for a urine sample, so they won’t let me take one....

Perhaps you should see if there are medical appointments anywhere in your area, and if you can find availability you can use this to challenge DVLA.
Try this list, but not all of them are approved for DVLA HRO medical, it is actually a list of approved doctors for Maritime medicals but many of them do the DVLA ones So make sure you ask. They will want your M number which appears on letters from DVLA.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...roved_Doctors_in_UK_06_October_2020_v0.24.pdf

BUT, it may be that it is not the availability of getting the urine sample, but getting it analysed if labs are full up with doing tests related to Covid, so as well as asking if the doctor can take the sample, get confirmation that the sample can be analysed.......

Perhaps you should see if there are medical appointments anywhere in your area, and if you can find availability you can use this to challenge DVLA.
Try this list, but not all of them are approved for DVLA HRO medical, it is actually a list of approved doctors for Maritime medicals but many of them do the DVLA ones So make sure you ask. They will want your M number which appears on letters from DVLA.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...roved_Doctors_in_UK_06_October_2020_v0.24.pdf

BUT, it may be that it is not the availability of getting the urine sample, but getting it analysed if labs are full up with doing tests related to Covid, so as well as asking if the doctor can take the sample, get confirmation that the sample can be analysed.......
It’s the latter, the dvla are claiming they can’t send anything to the labs, even though I had a blood test a month ago for them. Thank you

I would still ask one of the doctors on the list. DVLA themselves do not get the samples. They are taken at the doctors surgery and sent straight to a lab for analysis. The doctors should know if the samples actually can be analyses, or if it is just DVLA trying to keep their own workload down....

I would still ask one of the doctors on the list. DVLA themselves do not get the samples. They are taken at the doctors surgery and sent straight to a lab for analysis. The doctors should know if the samples actually can be analyses, or if it is just DVLA trying to keep their own workload down....
Really? They already sent me for a blood test and physical. They say because I ticked a box which said I used to use drugs they now need a urine sample. Which is cool as I don’t drink or take drugs, haven’t for years. But just won’t send me the letter with the “m number”

cheers oli

I am not certain, but I believe that your M number was allocated to your case when they first wrote to you about the blood sample, and now they want a urine sample the M number will be the same... because it is allocated to your case as a whole, not just for the purpose of you providing a blood sample.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off