Awiting for the out come?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lel rose

Can someone please give me some advise I have applied for my licence back, had the medical.. was held up with doctors for about 2 and a bit weeks, dvla now received medical report. And now sent me a letter saying it's with there doctors team? My medical was 9th of September. Is this a.normal time scale? Thankyou for any advise

Hi Lel Rose,

In answer to your question, 10 weeks seems to be a long time to have waited since the medical as the average time seems to be between 3 and 5 weeks to receive your license through the post. As you’re probably aware, the DVLA make contact with your doctor for them to fill out the medical questionnaire which will give details to your alcohol relationship history, so there are a whole host of things to potentially delay the process right there. The questionnaire is then returned to the DVLA and they then make their decision on whether or not to grant you a license, again, the DVLA are not known to keep to any form of schedule.

In your case, I can only assume that your medical results came back under the CDT threshold and that you did everything promptly. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to give the DVLA central number a call and get put through to someone who can access your file. The main thing to be aware of here is that being pushy and harassing them will actually get you somewhere.

MM

Hi Lel Rose,

In answer to your question, 10 weeks seems to be a long time to have waited since the medical as the average time seems to be between 3 and 5 weeks to receive your license through the post. As you’re probably aware, the DVLA make contact with your doctor for them to fill out the medical questionnaire which will give details to your alcohol relationship history, so there are a whole host of things to potentially delay the process right there. The questionnaire is then returned to the DVLA and they then make their decision on whether or not to grant you a license, again, the DVLA are not known to keep to any form of schedule.

In your case, I can only assume that your medical results came back under the CDT threshold and that you did everything promptly. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to give the DVLA central number a call and get put through to someone who can access your file. The main thing to be aware of here is that being pushy and harassing them will actually get you somewhere.

MM
Thankyou

Hi I had my repeat urine test on the 14th October as the first one was not strong enough. I ring every week and am just told it is with the relevant department. I wish I knew what to do.

is there a higher body we can go to?

any help would be appreciated thanks

Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do over the phone,medical information takes 4/5 days to scan onto system,when it gets to the medical team,they'll make a decision if they have enough information to pass it onto a manager FINAL STAGE who decides wether to grant your licence or,ask for more info or refuse,however what you can do for CDT/Urine testing is either email them requesting your results at Subjectaccess.requests@DVLA.GOV.UK or you can write to them at SAR Enquiries,DVRE,DVLA,Swansea,SA6 7JL, results can take upto 30 days in the post.....

Thank y
Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do over the phone,medical information takes 4/5 days to scan onto system,when it gets to the medical team,they'll make a decision if they have enough information to pass it onto a manager FINAL STAGE who decides wether to grant your licence or,ask for more info or refuse,however what you can do for CDT/Urine testing is either email them requesting your results at Subjectaccess.requests@DVLA.GOV.UK or you can write to them at SAR Enquiries,DVRE,DVLA,Swansea,SA6 7JL, results can take upto 30 days in the post.....
Thank you for that but when they have refused me previously I have been told within two weeks is it normal that it could be five weeks and then a refuse.?

thank you

Thankyou. I will do that

When they refuse a licence they don't take long to make a decision, but the longer the better I would assume your moving up the line and maybe deciding on what licence to issue out IE; temporary 1/2/3 year licence etc but they could also be asking for more information from your gp....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off