Awaiting medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jimbo2167

Hi
New to the forum but in 2002 i was convicted of drink driving and banned for 18 months . It shocked me a lot and i decided as i did like a drink i wouldn't reapply for my licence .It never bothered me until the past year so i quit drinking completely apart from the occasional beer with friends and a few months ago reapplied for my licence , sent in the D1 form in April and have to wait until July for the medical . Now i read on the forum that as my ban was long before 2013 that as i have reapplied for my licence i can drive at the moment and wonder if this is true ? I am classed as a HRO but seemingly the law before 2013 allowed people awaiting medicals to drive after there ban was over?

Any help would be seriously appreciated

Providing DVLA have received your COMPLETE and CORRECT application form (you may have missed a signature or sent the wrong amount for the application) and your doctor has no concerns about you driving (dont presume, check) then you can drive under S88 as your ban was from before 1st June 2013.
You can read the details here:

Thanks , really appreciate your reply , I am presuming as they have sent me my letter to book a medical that everything else on my application was correct .. Thnx again

Yes, they would not have sent the letter if there was a problem with the application form or the payment

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off