Asked to remove underpants and make to urinate without cubicle after breathalyser - Normal?

Convicted Driver Insurance

sjh66

I was asked to remove my underpants and not allowed privacy to do it then made to urinate without cubicle after breathalyser? This was for a 37 reading at the roadside when taken to the police station. Is this normal??? It just doesnt seem right to me. More like police trying to humiliate me. Can anyone shed any light?

I was asked to remove my underpants and not allowed privacy to do it then made to urinate without cubicle after breathalyser? This was for a 37 reading at the roadside when taken to the police station. Is this normal??? It just doesnt seem right to me. More like police trying to humiliate me. Can anyone shed any light?
Do you want to make your mind up? A few hours ago; you weren’t allowed to give a urine sample. No point lying to us. 54A0E2D6-FC2F-4C59-9B9A-827CE9959B25.jpeg

I wanted to wee when I first arrived at police station. Police made me go to toilet in front of them with no cubicle or door. (This was not a urine sample). They then made me remove my underpants and refused to even look the other way. They later refused to allow me to give them a urine sample? (Now you’ve said this, I’m wondering if they took a urine sample without my knowledge). It is all the same night but separate questions. Also fingerprint and mugshot me. I didn’t even wonder if this is standard procedure when I asked my first question. Then a friend told me it doesn’t seem right. I have long-standing issues of racism with them going back years. Repeatedly stopping car for no reason.

Last edited:
Yesterday it was needle phobia today this i know the situation is still very raw, but trust me the sooner you except that you were drink driving and accept the consequences the better the magistrates have heard every excuse going its hard at first your head is a complete shed, but once you have been to court which is just a going through the motions scenario you will be fine

Yesterday it was needle phobia today this i know the situation is still very raw, but trust me the sooner you except that you were drink driving and accept the consequences the better the magistrates have heard every excuse going its hard at first your head is a complete shed, but once you have been to court which is just a going through the motions scenario you will be fine
Very true, I looked and scoured the internet and was quite industrious at trying to find a chink of light in the court’s armour. I never found it, but caused myself no end of anxiety and money to “get away with it”
If I had my time again, I’d have fessed up. And saved myself a lot of time and trouble fighting a battle I was never going to win. And all the while in denial about my drinking habits. To this day I’m still unhappy with a lot of events surrounding my conviction. However, nothing….but nothing hides the fact, I drank alcohol then drove my car. That’s the benchmark. Sound advice there.

I wanted to wee when I first arrived at police station. Police made me go to toilet in front of them with no cubicle or door. (This was not a urine sample). They then made me remove my underpants and refused to even look the other way. They later refused to allow me to give them a urine sample? (Now you’ve said this, I’m wondering if they took a urine sample without my knowledge). It is all the same night but separate questions. Also fingerprint and mugshot me. I didn’t even wonder if this is standard procedure when I asked my first question. Then a friend told me it doesn’t seem right. I have long-standing issues of racism with them going back years. Repeatedly stopping car for no reason.
It is standard that a prisoner in custody will be watched constantly. This includes on the toilet. People who are arrested have a habit of hiding evidence on their person and then looking for an opportunity to destroy it, such as flushing it down a toilet or swallowing it. So this all sounds normal.

Yes, being fingerprinted and photographed is completely standard procedure for arrest when a criminal offence is suspected.

The police would not fish your urine out of a toilet to use as evidence, not only is that extreme but it would be contaminated and evidential worthless.

To answer your other thread, I would not recommend a needle phobia defence under your circumstances at all, it has a next to zero chance of success given that you have tattoos and didn't have your needle phobia documented officially before you were arrested. If a lawyer offers to try it for you they're really just robbing you.

QUICK FINAL UPDATE: I was told not to go ahead with the needle phobia defence by a tonne of experts who all said I'd be wasting my time and money. Since then, it's been a rollercoaster - psychologists reports, doctors reports, interim hearings, lawyer meetings, etc with money literally going up in smoke. This dragged on nearly 6 months right up to the hearing. But then on the day of the trial, the CPS dropped the charge due to 'lack of evidence.' I'm sure there's folks on here who'll say I shouldn't have got off. But trust me: I learned my lesson. 11-year criminal record and the possibility of losing my job and my reputation isn't something I'm going to forget in a hurry. And I'm going to be paying back the legal costs for likely the next 20 years, no exaggeration. I won't be doing anything like that again for sure. Wishing y'all good luck in your own cases.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off