Approved CDT tests

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pip

Hi there, how can I find out where my nearest approved CDT blood test consultation is ?
Thank You

Medichecks advertise on here, and for an extra fee Will arrange for someone to take the blood sample, or advise you of the nearest clinic etc that will take the sample for you (you can see a list of their partner clinics on their website)

Can I just check what you mean by approved though? They do private CDT checks, but the only ones that DVLA accept are the ones done through their own system, or your GP, but most GP’s have never even heard of CDT tests!

Pip

Just to advise you - a private CDT test will not be accepted as evidence of sobriety by the DVLA if you are a HRO presently serving a ban.

They are only really ideal for piece of mind if you want to find out your current % score. Otherwise, please speak to you GP and arrange at least a couple of liver function tests (LFT's) if you are still serving your ban.

CJ

Medichecks advertise on here, and for an extra fee Will arrange for someone to take the blood sample, or advise you of the nearest clinic etc that will take the sample for you (you can see a list of their partner clinics on their website)

Can I just check what you mean by approved though? They do private CDT checks, but the only ones that DVLA accept are the ones done through their own system, or your GP, but most GP’s have never even heard of CDT tests!
Exactly that ! Yes Approved by DVLA . I can not seem to get through to them via phone to ask or find it anywhere

Exactly that ! Yes Approved by DVLA . I can not seem to get through to them via phone to ask or find it anywhere

You cannot get a medical done with a CDT test by an ‘approved’ DVLA doctor until you have heard from DVLA with details of which one to go to. This letter has an ‘M’ number on it and without that, a medical cannot be booked.

Try this list, but not all of them are approved for DVLA HRO medical, it is actually a list of approved doctors for Maritime medicals but many of them do the DVLA ones So make sure you ask. There is no guarantee that DVLA will offer you the one closest to you though.
If DVLA offer you a doctor that is some distance away, you could try one of these on the list that is closer. They will want your M number which appears on letters from DVLA. And then you have to persuade DVLA to approve you changing doctors.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...roved_Doctors_in_UK_06_October_2020_v0.24.pdf

There is little point in asking one of these to do the test privately if you just want to know what your score is. The Lab used seems to be backed up and if you want a quick result you are as well using medichecks or similar. I have not seen people on here report results with medichecks that have proved to be at odds with their final result with the DVLA one.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off