Applying for Licence return

Convicted Driver Insurance

mattyb39

Can someone clarify?
My ban ends on Nov 14th thiis year (drug driving)
I understand I can start the application 90 days before that date. But I also hear that the DVLA is so screwed that it's taking quite a bit longer than that to process things.
Will this mean I won't be able to drive when my ban officially ends in November?

Can someone clarify?
My ban ends on Nov 14th thiis year (drug driving)
I understand I can start the application 90 days before that date. But I also hear that the DVLA is so screwed that it's taking quite a bit longer than that to process things.
Will this mean I won't be able to drive when my ban officially ends in November?

You can apply for a driving licence up to 90 days before your disqualification is due to end if you are classed as a high risk offender or up to 56 days before your disqualification is due to end if you are not.

https://www.drinkdriving.org/info/apply-for-driving-licence-after-disqualification/

oh right thanks - not a HRA so 56 days. Got it.
But if the DVLA take longer than that to process things can I still drive once my ban is up?
I wasn’t a HRO and I applied for my licence on the 23rd April (my bans up 22nd this month) it was updated on dvla website on the 1st May and my card received 6th May. So long as it’s all updated online and even if you don’t have the card part you can still drive so long as it’s all correct when checking online that your new licence has been accepted. If your not HR & don’t need a medical they are pretty quick and straight forward :)

I wasn’t a HRO and I applied for my licence on the 23rd April (my bans up 22nd this month) it was updated on dvla website on the 1st May and my card received 6th May. So long as it’s all updated online and even if you don’t have the card part you can still drive so long as it’s all correct when checking online that your new licence has been accepted. If your not HR & don’t need a medical they are pretty quick and straight forward :)
thanks - can you detail the procedure you did then? and did you have/use a passport? (I don't)

thanks - can you detail the procedure you did then? and did you have/use a passport? (I don't)
I got the forms from my course (you can get them from a post office) or wait until the dvla send one out to you, filled it all in, sent it 2 months before my ban was up by recorded delivery, I did put a envelope in with paid postage on it but they never used it (wasted money) sent a postal order in with my license, yes I have a passport so used that as my proof but if you don’t have a passport you need a birth certificate, utility bill with your name and address and can’t mind what else but I’m sure it’s 3 pieces of evidence you need. I also had my license number as I had taken a note of it before I sent it away when my ban started so had put that in the form too. Follow the instructions on the form their is guidance on the form also. I applied the 23rd of April, license updated on the check my licence gov website 1st May and card received the 6th. That’s the procedure I done

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off