Applying for licence back

Convicted Driver Insurance

Reets

Established Member
Happy New Year.
My life completely took a turn for the better when I lost my licence Oct 2019. I’m just coming up a year clean of drink and drugs on the 06 Jan :)
I’m due to do my DD course in Feb and that will mean I can apply for licence back in May.
Does anyone know if there is a huge backlog or how long the process takes due to Covid? Wondering when I should start thinking about it. TIA

Happy New Year.
My life completely took a turn for the better when I lost my licence Oct 2019. I’m just coming up a year clean of drink and drugs on the 06 Jan :)
I’m due to do my DD course in Feb and that will mean I can apply for licence back in May.
Does anyone know if there is a huge backlog or how long the process takes due to Covid? Wondering when I should start thinking about it. TIA
Hi Roots, DVLA will right to you probably around March, fill your paperwork in and that'll Ben it unless you're high risk offender in terms of blowing over 87.5 which in that case you will need a medical.

Who knows where we will be in March/May, if DVLA haven't written to you around end of March you'll be able to go to a Crown Post Office (big Post office) get a form D1 and complete that and send it to DVLA.

Other than well done for almost a year off the booze, I'm a year off around 3rd Jan I feel I remember right. Good luck with the DD course I found it very interesting.

Cya

James

Hi Roots, DVLA will right to you probably around March, fill your paperwork in and that'll Ben it unless you're high risk offender in terms of blowing over 87.5 which in that case you will need a medical.

Who knows where we will be in March/May, if DVLA haven't written to you around end of March you'll be able to go to a Crown Post Office (big Post office) get a form D1 and complete that and send it to DVLA.

Other than well done for almost a year off the booze, I'm a year off around 3rd Jan I feel I remember right. Good luck with the DD course I found it very interesting.

Cya

James

People who are HRO are reporting delays
I got my licence in a week I sent it recorded delivery so it would arrive in the 1st day it could ie day 56 before I could drive
Got form from post office
Sadly when I could drive we were in lockdown 2 & I couldn’t get a car !! Well what was another few weeks !!
Back on the road now !

Thanks for the advice. I am HRO unfortunately. Anyone any advice of things they would have done differently? TIA!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off