Applying for early return of licence .

Convicted Driver Insurance

pjh1

Hi everyone ,
I understand that you need to apply for consideration of early return of your licence to the convicting magistrates court in writing for a hearing .

My questions are -

1. With the current Covid situation are the applications actually being processed ? ( Bristol Magistrates)

2. If so can this be in the form of an email or is it actually by letter via post and do you give a brief outline of your reasons or full in-depth as you will on the day ?

3. Any rough ideas on how long you will have to wait to be heard and then if successful how long roughly for the process to take including the medical and return of licence . ( could be a case in reality that you would only gain a couple of months by the time process has been completed )

Thankyou .

“ in writing” as I understand, still means a good old fashioned letter.
Applications are still being allowed, but the timescales are anyone’s guess, there it no compulsory timescale the court have to work to.
You have to meet the criteria for this, which is that you have served half of your ban, subject to a minimum of 2 years having elapsed and you were not ordered to take an extended test at the end of your ban.
You can read the details here:

You should put as much detail as you can in te application. Whilst you will be given the opportunity to say more in curt, your application will be shared with the CPS. And they are entitled to put in objections to the early restoration. The more justification you give in the letter, the less that CPS are likely to interfere with the application and it will just be left to the magistrates discretion.
If granted then you enter the DVLA medical process and that can take several weeks to go through, depending on your CDT score and if they decide to contact your GP.

“ in writing” as I understand, still means a good old fashioned letter.
Applications are still being allowed, but the timescales are anyone’s guess, there it no compulsory timescale the court have to work to.
You have to meet the criteria for this, which is that you have served half of your ban, subject to a minimum of 2 years having elapsed and you were not ordered to take an extended test at the end of your ban.
You can read the details here:

You should put as much detail as you can in te application. Whilst you will be given the opportunity to say more in curt, your application will be shared with the CPS. And they are entitled to put in objections to the early restoration. The more justification you give in the letter, the less that CPS are likely to interfere with the application and it will just be left to the magistrates discretion.
If granted then you enter the DVLA medical process and that can take several weeks to go through, depending on your CDT score and if they decide to contact your GP.
Thank you .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off