APPLICATION WITH DVLA MEDICAL TEAM

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lipgloss15

Hi Guys,

I just called DVLA Medical and they have my questionnaire and bloods back and all has been scanned on the system since 15.11.22. The man i spoke with said it was with the medical team to be reviewed... Does this mean they wont or haven't contacted my GP? I asked if i could get my blood results, but he said because Hes not medically trained he doesn't have that information.

Thanks for any help.

Hello!

Just as a guide all my blood results and form from the DVLA doctor were scanned on the system by 08/09/22 and then they didn’t write out to my doctor until 27/09..

Hope this helps woth timescales!

If it helps - my medical was 14th October and was notified 18th Nov my licence for one year was issued. They may or may not want to contact your doctor depending on the bloods and medical GP forms. Bear in mind it can take 2-5 weeks to scan your info into the dvla system when it then joins the medical team queue. Your blood results will come back automatically at some point. #dontholdbreath

If it helps - my medical was 14th October and was notified 18th Nov my licence for one year was issued. They may or may not want to contact your doctor depending on the bloods and medical GP forms. Bear in mind it can take 2-5 weeks to scan your info into the dvla system when it then joins the medical team queue. Your blood results will come back automatically at some point. #dontholdbreath
Thanks Paul :)

Hello!

Just as a guide all my blood results and form from the DVLA doctor were scanned on the system by 08/09/22 and then they didn’t write out to my doctor until 27/09..

Thank you Dovi88, another long wait no doubt.

Hello!

Hi Dovi88, did they write to you to let you know they had contacted your GP or did you find out when you called them?

Hi Dovi88, did they write to you to let you know they had contacted your GP or did you find out when you called them?

Hello!

They wrote out to me but also found out over the phone as I was calling every other day for updates!

Overkill I know but had purchased a new car, was waiting to start a new job (which fell through due to delays) and just wanted answers.

Good luck!

Hi Guys,

I just called DVLA Medical and they have my questionnaire and bloods back and all has been scanned on the system since 15.11.22. The man i spoke with said it was with the medical team to be reviewed... Does this mean they wont or haven't contacted my GP? I asked if i could get my blood results, but he said because Hes not medically trained he doesn't have that information.

Thanks for any help.

My understanding is that the Medical Review Team are the ultimate decision makers and they only tend to consider files were all outstanding actions are 'completed'. Read what you will into this, but it might suggests your GP has already been contacted and responded or the DVLA have decided not to contact them.

CJ

I had my cdt on 18th Oct. They had my results on system on 4th November, they wrote to my GP on 9th Nov. I called them 10th when they told me this. I received a letter today to say they've written to my GP.

I honestly can't see me getting my licence back this year. The delays and timescales are just insane.

I had my cdt on 18th Oct. They had my results on system on 4th November, they wrote to my GP on 9th Nov. I called them 10th when they told me this. I received a letter today to say they've written to my GP.

I honestly can't see me getting my licence back this year. The delays and timescales are just insane.
Have you spoken to your GP? I started to chase mine after a few days once I knew they got the letter.

My GP filled it out and sent the form back and it was scanned on the system within 4 days.. decision was made 13 days after that. Obviously that won’t help anyone at the moment is Royal Mail!!

I guess it depends on how quick the GP responds, I explained my situation whilst being understanding that they are also extremely busy.

I’ve got all my timescales after doing an SAR request which shows scanned dates etc..

Have you spoken to your GP? I started to chase mine after a few days once I knew they got the letter.

My GP filled it out and sent the form back and it was scanned on the system within 4 days.. decision was made 13 days after that. Obviously that won’t help anyone at the moment is Royal Mail!!

I guess it depends on how quick the GP responds, I explained my situation whilst being understanding that they are also extremely busy.

I’ve got all my timescales after doing an SAR request which shows scanned dates etc..
The practice lost my form last week, then found it, booked me a telephone appointment, the Dr didn't have a clue what he was meant to do with the form. Turns out practice manager was meant to process my form and then get me an appointment, she then went on holiday, she's back tomorrow, but I'm looking at a 2-3 week wait before she deals with my form. Then with the possible dvla strike and royal mail strike and Christmas coming up I can't see them getting anywhere.
It's so frustrating because I haven't been treated for MH for 2yrs 7 months, so I was only 5 months away from the 3 year time frame! That's the only reason they are writing to my doc in the first place

The practice lost my form last week, then found it, booked me a telephone appointment, the Dr didn't have a clue what he was meant to do with the form. Turns out practice manager was meant to process my form and then get me an appointment, she then went on holiday, she's back tomorrow, but I'm looking at a 2-3 week wait before she deals with my form. Then with the possible dvla strike and royal mail strike and Christmas coming up I can't see them getting anywhere.
It's so frustrating because I haven't been treated for MH for 2yrs 7 months, so I was only 5 months away from the 3 year time frame! That's the only reason they are writing to my doc in the first place
Frustrating, its the GP that has to fill the form out as they have to be on the GMC register I think?

They also have a maximum of 30 days to reapond to the letter although some people have been waiting months but some ammo to use if need be with them.

They would of likely contacted them either way, seems most get contacted even when ticking know but yes pain in the arse being close to the 3 years threshold. I was 3 weeks off it and didn’t dare take a risk so ticked yes for MH!

I am day 8 of the decision making process its doing my head in until you get that licence in your hand you never know

The DVLA wrote to my GP on the 21st May, and they have only recently returned the medical form. My driving licence expired in January, so I have been using Section 88 for the last 10 months. I've still yet to do my DVLA medical. Don't think I will get my next licence until we are well into 2023.

Frustrating, its the GP that has to fill the form out as they have to be on the GMC register I think?

They also have a maximum of 30 days to reapond to the letter although some people have been waiting months but some ammo to use if need be with them.

As per my above comments, this is incorrect - GP's have a lot longer than 30 days!!!!

CJ

I guess any decent surgery would read the letter they get sent and try and stick to the advice given in terms of response dates, mine stated the below:

Step 3 - Send the completed medical questionnaire and invoice to DVLA by 18 October 2022 using the envelope provided.
Delays in DVLA receiving additional medical information could pose a risk to road safety and inconvenience for your patient.

I guess any decent surgery would read the letter they get sent and try and stick to the advice given in terms of response dates, mine stated the below:

Step 3 - Send the completed medical questionnaire and invoice to DVLA by 18 October 2022 using the envelope provided.
Delays in DVLA receiving additional medical information could pose a risk to road safety and inconvenience for your patient.
Well quite . It’s hardly rocket science ( and even if it was one would hope a GP could work it out !!!!!) . Also : GPs can email the firms to the DVLA ( avoid postal strike delays)

The word 'inconvenience' is an understatement when referring to GP's and the NHS. How easy is it to get an appointment these days at your local surgery? Unfortunately, the current state of this Country's health system is in dire stairs, much like the wonderful DVLA.

CJ

Well quite . It’s hardly rocket science ( and even if it was one would hope a GP could work it out !!!!!) . Also : GPs can email the firms to the DVLA ( avoid postal strike delays)
The whole process is a little humiliating and appaling and I’m sure people’s MH suffer due to this!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off