Application process

Convicted Driver Insurance

catbells

My £90 cleared 1week ago to renew my license after disqualification in 2012. Can I assume DVLA have the correct information on form and the process started? Can't get through to them and am able to drive under section 88.

They would not ash your cheque until your application had been checked to see it was correctly filled in, so providing your GP has no concerns then yes, you can drive under S88.
your only difficulty will be convincing an insurance company that you have an entitlement to drive, without a current valid licence.......

They would not ash your cheque until your application had been checked to see it was correctly filled in, so providing your GP has no concerns then yes, you can drive under S88.
your only difficulty will be convincing an insurance company that you have an entitlement to drive, without a current valid licence.......
Thanks for your reply. I will look around. I know that it is possible 😀

I got done for dangerous driving and DD in 2012/13 but i have to do a re test, My application is being processed so what is my position on S88 price ?

I got done for dangerous driving and DD in 2012/13 but i have to do a re test, My application is being processed so what is my position on S88 price ?
In your case, because of a conviction for dangerous driving, S88 does not apply.

In theory you could drive under S88 because of the drink drive ban, but because of the dangerous driving you have to wait until you are issues with your provisional licence before you can drive. That is why dangerous driving is your bar to using S88
if you think about them separately,
“if I have a drink drive conviction before June 2013, can I drive under S88 if I meet the criteria.” ..... YES
”if I have a conviction for dangerous driving and have to retake my test, can I drive before my licence is issued? “. NO

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off