Any joy with speeding up the dvla

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kallyj

Hi
Medical done in November .
Report back , DVLA write to drs they resent it by email on Friday so would have been seen yesterday .
How long after own gp clarifys report will the desison from DVLA be???

Everything is hanging on for this result , even if they just told him yes or no on phone it would be a big help.
We have been partially accepted for buying a house , they are willing to mortgage on job contracts only and not 3 month's pay slips however until he knows about lisence we can't proceed any way of speeding process up

Hi
Medical done in November .
Report back , DVLA write to drs they resent it by email on Friday so would have been seen yesterday .
How long after own gp clarifys report will the desison from DVLA be???

Everything is hanging on for this result , even if they just told him yes or no on phone it would be a big help.
We have been partially accepted for buying a house , they are willing to mortgage on job contracts only and not 3 month's pay slips however until he knows about lisence we can't proceed any way of speeding process up

Hi Kally,

How were you made aware the the DVLA wrote to your doctors, did the DVLA inform you, was it your GP? I'm in the same boat as you i had my medical around 2.5 weeks ago and not heard a stitch since then.

Hi Kally,

How were you made aware the the DVLA wrote to your doctors, did the DVLA inform you, was it your GP? I'm in the same boat as you i had my medical around 2.5 weeks ago and not heard a stitch since then.

Yeah same here - had my HRO medical on the 19th November.

I've not heard anything since then.

CJ

Hi
Medical on Nov 4th
Letter on 27th ( day arrived ) from DVLA to say written to Dr butvitveentbto wrong gp my fault .they've then emailed on 4 th December.
A lot is ridding on this decision

Hi
Medical on Nov 4th
Letter on 27th ( day arrived ) from DVLA to say written to Dr butvitveentbto wrong gp my fault .they've then emailed on 4 th December.
A lot is ridding on this decision
Hi, Did you receive your results yet?

Hi, Did you receive your results yet?

No nothing yet, it's frustrating as I keep reading about having proof I've not drunk in 12 by having liver function tests but I knew nothing about that . Plus I have spoken to my Dr in past about alcohol so now concerned that has not Closed down as haven't been to see him about anything drink or mental health related since summer 2019

No nothing yet, it's frustrating as I keep reading about having proof I've not drunk in 12 by having liver function tests but I knew nothing about that . Plus I have spoken to my Dr in past about alcohol so now concerned that has not Closed down as haven't been to see him about anything drink or mental health related since summer 2019

From what I read yesterday it is not essential to have LFT's to prove sobriety, the DVLA leave it up to you how you prove abstinence, however having regular LFT's is the most proficient way of proving it. Having your GP on side is a massive tool in the fight apparently!!

Sounds a very similar situation to me. I very much need to get back behind the wheel for independence and my own sanity. I hope it all goes well for you

The DVLA ask for "evidence" of your sobriety. Now the best and most clear cut evidence that is accepted 100% of the time are LFT tests over the 12 months. Showing your results either within the normal range or returning to the normal range. However, your doctors word that you have been sober from a certain date is also "evidence."

The problem being, that most doctors will not give a date as gospel if there is no liver testing to back it. This is why it is important to have your doctor on your side. Yesterday's post proves that the DVLA do consider other evidence, it's just that liver testing can't be disputed as it is results on paper that back up your claims.

The DVLA ask for "evidence" of your sobriety. Now the best and most clear cut evidence that is accepted 100% of the time are LFT tests over the 12 months. Showing your results either within the normal range or returning to the normal range. However, your doctors word that you have been sober from a certain date is also "evidence."

The problem being, that most doctors will not give a date as gospel if there is no liver testing to back it. This is why it is important to have your doctor on your side. Yesterday's post proves that the DVLA do consider other evidence, it's just that liver testing can't be disputed as it is results on paper that back up your claims.

grice96

The only down side to LFTs is that the levels could be elevated by other factors - not alcohol.

Athletes or body builders who don't drink but use supplements and protein could end up with raised LFTs. Also obesity and diabetes causes raised LFTs.

I stopped drinking in August 2019, but my last two LFTs were slightly above average. I asked the doctor and she said because of the complexity of the liver there are numerous other reasons why LFTs could be higher if the person is tee total.

CJ

grice96

The only down side to LFTs is that the levels could be elevated by other factors - not alcohol.

Athletes or body builders who don't drink but use supplements and protein could end up with raised LFTs. Also obesity and diabetes is causes raised LFTs.

I stopped drinking in August 2019, but my last two LFTs were slightly above average. I asked the doctor and she said because of the complexity of the liver there are numerous other reasons why LFTs could be higher if the person is tee total.

CJ
Very true and patients with liver disease don't always have raised lft either .
The post are about my husband and I've been with him in hospital and it's been for alcohol detox and his lfts have been normal

How can I chase my medical results? Have you heard back from DVLA?

I still don't know my CDT results but I'm assuming I've passed as the DVLA have sent forms to both me and my GP.

I completed my DVLA forms on the same day they came through the letter box and returned them via recorded delivery at the local Post Office. I feel this is a sensible move due to the ongoing delays with the Royal Mail and the content of the letter being confidential.

I had two sets of forms to fill in which was because I answered yes to some of the questions at the HRO medical last month. One form was about seizures - I had one fit/seizure in June 2019 brought on by alcohol withdrawal. The other form was based around alcohol/drugs & mental health issues. Fortunately, it has been 16 months since my last drink.

I contacted my doctor via the online 'Ask my GP' service and they acknowledged receiving the DVLA forms which run to 16 pages! I am assuming this form covers every type of medical problem disclosable to the DVLA and hopefully, the content of most of the doctor's form will be irrelevant to me. My doctor is presently reviewing the form and will contact me about any concerns she has.

I have commented on other threads about this - if you answer 'yes' to any questions at your HRO medical medical the DVLA WILL contact your GP. Anyone on here who reads this needs to be under no illusions that the DVLA will leave no stone unturned when they dig into your medical history, so I would strongly advise complete honesty and integrity with this process.

CJ

I still don't know my CDT results but I'm assuming I've passed as the DVLA have sent forms to both me and my GP.

I completed my DVLA forms on the same day they came through the letter box and returned them via recorded delivery at the local Post Office. I feel this is a sensible move due to the ongoing delays with the Royal Mail and the content of the letter being confidential.

I had two sets of forms to fill in which was because I answered yes to some of the questions at the HRO medical last month. One form was about seizures - I had one fit/seizure in June 2019 brought on by alcohol withdrawal. The other form was based around alcohol/drugs & mental health issues. Fortunately, it has been 16 months since my last drink.

I contacted my doctor via the online 'Ask my GP' service and they acknowledged receiving the DVLA forms which run to 16 pages! I am assuming this form covers every type of medical problem disclosable to the DVLA and hopefully, the content of most of the doctor's form will be irrelevant to me. My doctor is presently reviewing the form and will contact me about any concerns she has.

I have commented on other threads about this - if you answer 'yes' to any questions at your HRO medical medical the DVLA WILL contact your GP. Anyone on here who reads this needs to be under no illusions that the DVLA will leave no stone unturned when they dig into your medical history, so I would strongly advise complete honesty and integrity with this process.

CJ
Just want to add to this that it IS really best to be honest about drinking habits. Ive heard on here through the years on people stating "no" to drinking at all in the past year, only for them to consult your GP who may have a different opinion (depending whats on his files)... and them being refused a licence and having to go the 12 months abstinence route.

For the record, when it states "when was your last drink"? I put down "2 weeks ago, 2 glasses of red wine which complimented the Steak Pizziaola I ordered" :)

Licence returned within 4 weeks, no further questions.

I think someone mentioned on here a while back that the DVLA arnt "muppets" and anyone on here who is HRO has probably had/has alcohol issues... sound words....moral of story, dont try and plead your tee-total if you are not, they WILL find out.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off