Another question.. finance and insurance when on ban

• Thread starter Deleted member 11354
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance

Deleted member 11354

I’m due in court on 23 June so my ban will start then. I currently have a car which I pay finance on just over 2 years into a 4 year pcp. I understand that my insurance will be revoked when I am banned? Can someone else be insured on my car so that I can keep it? What are my options here? Just another thing I am now stressing about

You will have to read the terms of your insurance policy. Some say you must tell them if you are convicted of drink driving, some even say you should tell them if you car charged with a drink drive offence and at the other end of the scale some just say to notify them at renewal.
When you tell them it is likely that they will cancel your policy. That could cause you a problem cause a PCP contract might say that you MUST have insurance on the vehicle... Maybe you could negotiate fire and theft only insurance but you will have to enquire.
There is then the complication about getting someone else to take out insurance on a vehicle they do not own, and as you are the holder of the PCP contract, they do not have any proprietary interest in the vehicle.
You will have to talk to an insurance broker about your options rather than a comparison website and see what they say.
In the past I have seen good results from this firm:
Henshalls Insurance Brokers,
Gower House, 14-16 High St, Newport, Shropshire TF10 7AN View Map
Tel: 01952 820358
Fax: 01952 810705
Email: mail@henshalls.com
And you also need to talk to the PCP company to see where you stand on that.

You will have to read the terms of your insurance policy. Some say you must tell them if you are convicted of drink driving, some even say you should tell them if you car charged with a drink drive offence and at the other end of the scale some just say to notify them at renewal.
When you tell them it is likely that they will cancel your policy. That could cause you a problem cause a PCP contract might say that you MUST have insurance on the vehicle... Maybe you could negotiate fire and theft only insurance but you will have to enquire.
There is then the complication about getting someone else to take out insurance on a vehicle they do not own, and as you are the holder of the PCP contract, they do not have any proprietary interest in the vehicle.
You will have to talk to an insurance broker about your options rather than a comparison website and see what they say.
In the past I have seen good results from this firm:
Henshalls Insurance Brokers,
Gower House, 14-16 High St, Newport, Shropshire TF10 7AN View Map
Tel: 01952 820358
Fax: 01952 810705
Email: mail@henshalls.com
And you also need to talk to the PCP company to see where you stand on that.
Thank you!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off