Alcoholism and driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ricbloor78

Hi there,

I have received a charge notice for drink driving with 170ml urine. This was just before going into treatment for alcoholism. I was on other medication that I have looked into that slows significantly your metabolism rate. It was hours since I had drank and I felt ok. Also can I request a Second test on the urine sample? Also I was asked to provide two itinerary samples one of which was thrown away? Is this correct as looking into it I believe it should have been one to empty bladder then one within an hour?.
Thanks Ric

Good morning.

So, a high metabolic rate for what ever reason would not amount to a defence but could be used as mitigation if you plead guilty as to why you felt fit to drive.

You cannot ask for the sample to be retested.

The last point you raise is interesting as you are supposed to provide two separate samples. The first is discarded and the second one used. If all they did was split one sample you may have a defence. What they can arguably do is ask you to stop providing a sample half way through then use the second half provided. The area is very complex so if you wish to speak to someone about it I could ask one of my team to contact you?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off