Alcohol and drug services

Convicted Driver Insurance

chrism2800

Established Member
Help again,can anyone advise if the dvla contact services in relation to help with alcohol services via the dd2 medical form sent to the doctor?
I cant seem to get through to them as they are only dealing with emergency cases and have been signed off,as I want my last recorded drink as help with my application for my licence back and weather they class me as misuse or dependency. Or maybe I dont if it's bad news
If it shows a certain date then I'm going to have to explain that to my gp somehow!
I did initially speak with my gp and there is no history of me drinking from May 2019 but do the services abide by confidentiality?
I unfortunately said I was able to have a couple of pints no problem which they were delighted with,but this could screw me up now knowing the 12 month rule
HELP!

If you received a referral from your GP to alcohol or drug services provided by the NHS or a private firm there will be a record of that on your medical history. If you self referred to a private service then that will not show on your medical history.

If the services were provided by the NHS then a full record of them are available to your GP and would be mentioned on a DD2, if it was a private firm your GP referred you to then only a record of being referred will be on your history.

If you received a referral from your GP to alcohol or drug services provided by the NHS or a private firm there will be a record of that on your medical history. If you self referred to a private service then that will not show on your medical history.

If the services were provided by the NHS then a full record of them are available to your GP and would be mentioned on a DD2, if it was a private firm your GP referred you to then only a record of being referred will be on your history.
Thanks for your reply...I've got a gp blood test which I almost had to beg for on the 21st of May,I've abstained long enough I hope for the bloods to be perfect, as my occupation is a car sprayer so I'm exposed to all sorts of dangerous chemicals, as I have never been asked for blood tests after being in hospital due to a singular very heavy binge,which they should have done,my previous bloods a while ago were fine,is this enough? as I had a misuse /possibly dependency issue,I know it was misuse but think the dvla may think the latter,my gp has no notes on his system from may last year so I'm hoping that my case will be misuse,and my bloods will be good,would you have more bloods done at a later point or just apply based on my gp's notes?

also on the dd2 one of the questions is did I require any help about any alcohol problems?This may trip me up as if my gp says inspire,not NHS btw,will the dvla write to them?

You may well have your wires crossed here chrism, in all cases you will NOT have access to a DD2 the only way to see this medical form is either through your GP or by Emailing DVLA via subject access request, you could well be referring to the DR1 online which is freely available or the alcohol questionarre at the DVLA medical, however if you inform DVLA of any alcohol issues then they will write out to your GP or in their words "the next course of action`"......

Ok sounds good if you've got hold of one but my point is "as you stated in previous post will I need to answer this question" the only person to fill that particular form out will be your GP.....from looking at your `medical notes....

A hospital stay for detoxification after a heavy binge puts you straight into the dependence category with the DVLA mate. Any detoxification at all puts you into that category whether it's a course of librium at home, a hospital stay or a rehab programme, they are all considered "detox". They're all treated the same. On question 4 your GP would be answering yes to the have you have had a detox question and would also be answering yes to question 7 ticking that you have been referred to other and listing inspire. Your doctor may answer yes to question 1 but will definitely answer yes to question 2.

I went to addiction councelling in Northern Ireland, I was referred through my GP to the private charity PIP. Once PIP discharged me they provided a full brief to my GP who referred me and it's on my medical history.

It is also worth noting that not declaring a medical condition that the DVLA later find out about carries a possible fine of up to £1000. So I would certainly not go down the route of not mentioning your alcohol misuse on your application.

20200510_141447.jpg

A hospital stay for detoxification after a heavy binge puts you straight into the dependence category with the DVLA mate. Any detoxification at all puts you into that category whether it's a course of librium at home, a hospital stay or a rehab programme, they are all considered "detox". They're all treated the same. On question 4 your GP would be answering yes to the have you have had a detox question and would also be answering yes to question 7 ticking that you have been referred to other and listing inspire. Your doctor may answer yes to question 1 but will definitely answer yes to question 2.

I went to addiction councelling in Northern Ireland, I was referred through my GP to the private charity PIP. Once PIP discharged me they provided a full brief to my GP who referred me and it's on my medical history.
Thanks again for the reply,this is where it gets strange,my gp said my hospital stay (icu)was renal failure! It was alcohol though,they resuscitated me as I had a cardiac arrest and my organs shut down, and was told in hospital,and this is on the hospital report that if I cant moderate then it's best to abstain...I tried moderation successfully, then found out about this 12 month abstinence period too late,only me and services know....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off