After court

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jht1293

Hi,

I have just had my court hearing today and have 2 questions:

- will I receive the confirmation of my sentencing via post/email?
- the magistrate said I must re-apply for my license at the end of the ban? What does this mean?

any help would be appreciated, wish I asked these questions at the time but you just don’t think during the situation!

thanks

Hi,

- the magistrate said I must re-apply for my license at the end of the ban? What does this mean?

any help would be appreciated, wish I asked these questions at the time but you just don’t think during the situation!

thanks
Don’t know, sorry, but what was the outcome and your circumstances? Thanks

Don’t know, sorry, but what was the outcome and your circumstances? Thanks
Hi,

charged for drink driving & failure to stop at the scene. Blew 78 in the station and got 22 month ban (with course will reduce by 25%) & £400 fine

Hi,

charged for drink driving & failure to stop at the scene. Blew 78 in the station and got 22 month ban (with course will reduce by 25%) & £400 fine
Have you had a solicitor or you have just represented yourself. I have had a higher reading and still waiting for my court date. No accident, just someone reported me at midnight and I was waiting for the police to arrive :(. You will probably hear from the court via a letter. There are so many threads about re-applying, might be worth checking them too. Hope you are coping well. Take care

Have you had a solicitor or you have just represented yourself. I have had a higher reading and still waiting for my court date. No accident, just someone reported me at midnight and I was waiting for the police to arrive :(. You will probably hear from the court via a letter. There are so many threads about re-applying, might be worth checking them too. Hope you are coping well. Take care

I paid for a solicitor , but if I was you I wouldn’t spend a fortune on a solicitor especially if you’re pleading guilty! Defo would recommend you getting one though as they are able to speak and present in a way that gets your mitigation across clearly!

what did you blow if you don’t mind me asking?

I had my paperwork through about a week later.
You reapply for your licence at the end of your ban date ending. So if you were banned for 22m you can apply a month or so before after you have completed the DD course - does that make sense?

I had my paperwork through about a week later.
You reapply for your licence at the end of your ban date ending. So if you were banned for 22m you can apply a month or so before after you have completed the DD course - does that make sense?

thank you! So with the course my ban will end late 2022 so I’ll just send the application off a month before?
Also with reapplying , does this simply just mean sending forms and paying the fee? I wouldn’t have to do a medical, test etc

I paid for a solicitor , but if I was you I wouldn’t spend a fortune on a solicitor especially if you’re pleading guilty! Defo would recommend you getting one though as they are able to speak and present in a way that gets your mitigation across clearly!

what did you blow if you don’t mind me asking?
112 breath, but waiting for bloods :( I will plead guilty because I am guilty and is something that I regret the most in my life. It’s been 3weeks + since the event, so I am still waiting. 1st offence, but looking at your readings and mine..I will probably get the maximum. Have you hd a crash if you don’t mins me asking too. Sorry, its just that we are all in the same boat more and less and I find this website a great support. I haven’t had a sip of alcohol and I will probably never get drunk in my life, If i’ll ever drink again. 😓

112 breath, but waiting for bloods :( I will plead guilty because I am guilty and is something that I regret the most in my life. It’s been 3weeks + since the event, so I am still waiting. 1st offence, but looking at your readings and mine..I will probably get the maximum. Have you hd a crash if you don’t mins me asking too. Sorry, its just that we are all in the same boat more and less and I find this website a great support. I haven’t had a sip of alcohol and I will probably never get drunk in my life, If i’ll ever drink again. 😓
Yeah I’d try not to worry it’s easier said than done I know but you’re below the custodial sentence threshold.
My solicitor said that my magistrates were being particularly strict today with sentences and other solicitors said this to him, so depends on the day I guess!?
yeah I crashed into 3 parked cars, luckily nobody was hurt and this was what made my punishment worse!
The wait for the court is the worst bit but once you’re in there it’s really not bad, all you have to say is your details and your plea, try not to worry

Yeah I’d try not to worry it’s easier said than done I know but you’re below the custodial sentence threshold.
My solicitor said that my magistrates were being particularly strict today with sentences and other solicitors said this to him, so depends on the day I guess!?
yeah I crashed into 3 parked cars, luckily nobody was hurt and this was what made my punishment worse!
The wait for the court is the worst bit but once you’re in there it’s really not bad, all you have to say is your details and your plea, try not to worry
What county? Lol I have not had any accident nor damaged anything, which is good I guess

What county? Lol I have not had any accident nor damaged anything, which is good I guess
Yorkshire,
yeah that’s always on your side, main thing is it’s your first time offence and below the custodial sentence barrier!

Hi,

thanks
Yes you will get a formal letter, plus how to pay fine which is not long unless you have discussed instalments
& then you can book the driving course as you will have the ref number
Licence unless HRO you cam apply 56 days before you are due on the road . So getting course in early is good.
You can then look on line to see when you can drive again & apply so it’s with dvla 56 days early get form from post office don’t wait for dvla. Send recorded delivery with copy of your court letter & driving course
See form re if you need new photo
I got mine back in a week

Yes you will get a formal letter, plus how to pay fine which is not long unless you have discussed instalments
& then you can book the driving course as you will have the ref number
Licence unless HRO you cam apply 56 days before you are due on the road . So getting course in early is good.
You can then look on line to see when you can drive again & apply so it’s with dvla 56 days early get form from post office don’t wait for dvla. Send recorded delivery with copy of your court letter & driving course
See form re if you need new photo
I got mine back in a week
Brilliant thanks for your help!

Hi,

thanks
Hi there

Yes I got confirmation through the post about 2 weeks after my court case. Also I had a letter from the DVLA about 5 weeks after telling me to post my license back to them.

I am not sure about the re-apply process yet, but as I wasn't an HRO and I still have 11 months left I will research that at a later date

Hi there

Yes I got confirmation through the post about 2 weeks after my court case. Also I had a letter from the DVLA about 5 weeks after telling me to post my license back to them.

I am not sure about the re-apply process yet, but as I wasn't an HRO and I still have 11 months left I will research that at a later date
Thanks for your help!

Hi there

Hi get form from post office & get it ready to send to arrive 56 days Pre when you can drive. I sent copies of letter from court & dvla & course document

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off