Advice -Received Section88. License expires 1st Nov- Drs note?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Simon667

Hi all

Usual story. Sent application off with all forms.
Rang weeks later. No progress and they just sent me a S88 form.

On the criteria it states ‘Your Dr must have told you that you are fit to drive etc etc.

I’ve not seen my Dr for years and have no specific Dr tbh as I have no problems.

Do I need to book an appointment with one (if that’s remotely possible as well) to get some form declaration from them or can I just carry on driving as i never need to see them.

I do take antidepressants and an antipsychotic but I’ve been on them since 2009. Same ones. Stable and my fitness to drive has never been an issue.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers.

Hi all

Usual story. Sent application off with all forms.
Rang weeks later. No progress and they just sent me a S88 form.

On the criteria it states ‘Your Dr must have told you that you are fit to drive etc etc.

I’ve not seen my Dr for years and have no specific Dr tbh as I have no problems.

Do I need to book an appointment with one (if that’s remotely possible as well) to get some form declaration from them or can I just carry on driving as i never need to see them.

I do take antidepressants and an antipsychotic but I’ve been on them since 2009. Same ones. Stable and my fitness to drive has never been an issue.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers.
I’m sure someone has asked this before, so I’m guessing it’ll be answered today. Sorry I can’t help any further. Personally I’d at least ask the question of the doctor if they feel it’s necessary. Good luck I’m sure you’ll be ok

Hi Simon
If you are taking anti depressants and an antipsychotic medication for a significant period of time, it seems likely that you would have had medication reviews in that time. Was this done by your GP? Or a nurse, who might be a good point of reference who could help advise you who to approach. If you have fairly regular contact with a nurse they might be able to channel your request about Section 88 to someone in the practice who could help you.
I just have some medication for my wonky knees, but even that requires 6 monthly reviews for an ongoing prescription.
I hope you find a way round this
Regards J

Hi Simon
If you are taking anti depressants and an antipsychotic medication for a significant period of time, it seems likely that you would have had medication reviews in that time. Was this done by your GP? Or a nurse, who might be a good point of reference who could help advise you who to approach. If you have fairly regular contact with a nurse they might be able to channel your request about Section 88 to someone in the practice who could help you.
I just have some medication for my wonky knees, but even that requires 6 monthly reviews for an ongoing prescription.
I hope you find a way round this
Regards J
I’ve not had a review for years tbh.
Not sure if it’s because I’m such a low dose?
I’ve not got a dedicated Dr or Nurse or seen anyone regarding my mental health since I was diagnosed tbh. Over 10 years ago.

I suspect if I contact them I’ll be sent for a full check up. Including bloods etc as I’m 49 in December and I’ve not been seen in years.
Tbh I don’t even take the anti depressants anymore.

I’ll ring them in the morning and have a chat.
But I suspect I will not be able to get through fro what I’ve read about the surgery I use.

Thanks

Little update.

I completed my DVLA medical on the 20/01/23.

I also had to fill in the questionnaire with my Dr on the 07/03/23.
He was of the opinion it is a waste of his time and just a box taking exercise by the DVLA.
It literally took 5 minutes and I simply answers a few basic questions and all was good.

My next step is to find out what my CDT results are from the DVLA blood test.
Can I email them or do I need to write a letter?

I will update my full timeline when finished as I applied for my licence on the 01/08/22.

Anyone advise regarding CDT results?

Thanks

Little update.

I completed my DVLA medical on the 20/01/23.

I also had to fill in the questionnaire with my Dr on the 07/03/23.
He was of the opinion it is a waste of his time and just a box taking exercise by the DVLA.
It literally took 5 minutes and I simply answers a few basic questions and all was good.

My next step is to find out what my CDT results are from the DVLA blood test.
Can I email them or do I need to write a letter?

I will update my full timeline when finished as I applied for my licence on the 01/08/22.

Anyone advise regarding CDT results?

Thanks
Is this your first time re applying after your ban?

No, this is me reapplying after being given a 3 year license.

I just rechecked my paperwork and I was able to apply on the 01/08/22 (ban ends 01/11/22).
I did not receive all the relevant forms to apply until the 12/08/22.

I am just curious about my CDT levels and how to get them?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off