Advice please

• Thread starter Deleted member 15662
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance
I was not Asked about my job etc; I did state I am the prime caretaker of 2 small children and work at weekends and I so I was not given community service I think I that is why my fine was higher.

i have not seen my name mentioned and I have lived in the same town for my entire life and know lots of people and no one has mentioned it and to be honest i and I didn’t think i would here myself say this but I really don’t care I am holding my household together working on my sobriety and I have the support of whom are important to me.

concentrate on putting a plan together to hold the things together that are imperative. In my case it was my sons school runs and my job.
How do they decided on community service? Is there an option for that or a higher fine? How long were you banned for? Did you manage to get it reduced?

How do they decided on community service? Is there an option for that or a higher fine? How long were you banned for? Did you manage to get it reduced?
Speak to your solicitor about what your likely punishment will be SS .. if you have no previous etc the magistrate may treat you as lower end of the scale.

Again your anxiety is making you think irrationally and miles ahead . It’s ok it’s only human nature . Deal with the here and now first and don’t try and guess what’s going to happen.

A solicitor will put you in the brackets that are set out against what you blew and what your previous criminal record is etc and all of this will be presented to the magistrate on the day . Then and then only will they decide on how to punish you .

The best thing is that you will get to stand there and look them in the eye and it’s then a more human level .

Please try to gather your thoughts and then break them down in to sections in some kind of positive order .

Once you have legal advice you will settle and realise that your worry was way beyond the pale .

Hi, I was arrested for drunk driving on Sat night. I don’t remember getting in my car. I’d got home after a night out, apparently got into an argument with my daughter and husband, then drove off. I must have been driving erratically and got stopped by the police. I’ve never as much as had a parking ticket before. It is so out of character for me. I’m so ashamed of myself.
I’m worried about telling anyone, losing my job, how I’m going to pay for a solicitor, the costs, etc. I can’t eat, sleep or stop crying. My readings take me into the 17-22 month ban category. I need my car for everything. This will affect my kids too. Will this affect work, finding another job, I’m terrified…
You’re panicking. We’ve all done it. Stop berating yourself. Nothing will change with panic. Get a local solicitor if it makes you feel safer. My case was different so I had to plead not guilty. If you blew over then you must accept the charges. Life isn’t over; it just will be different. Try and get your head around it xx

Hi again

On the court day, dress smartly, be on time and make yourself known to the usher. (Ahem I was asked if I was from xxx legal department for another case because others were mostly not dressed so).

Write what you may say in your mitigation if you can't bring yourself to say it. Will be handed to the magistrates. Address them as Yr Worships. Stand and sit when asked to do so. So many people don't do all this.

Hi again

On the court day, dress smartly, be on time and make yourself known to the usher. (Ahem I was asked if I was from xxx legal department for another case because others were mostly not dressed so).

Write what you may say in your mitigation if you can't bring yourself to say it. Will be handed to the magistrates. Address them as Yr Worships. Stand and sit when asked to do so. So many people don't do all this.
Thank you. What sort of things must I write in my mitigation? How long should this be? Is it a typed document?

Thank you. What sort of things must I write in my mitigation? How long should this be? Is it a typed document?
I would type it out so that it is easily read ..

Start by addressing the situation and then go into what lead up to it and how you now feel after your actions .Also point out tge impact your actions have already had on your life , health and future . Take full responsibility and then show how it is completely out of character. Then outline what you do in your work , home and family life and the shame it’s made you feel .

I did 3 A4 pages as mine . My opinion is that you can’t write enough when you are defending yourself and also more importantly apologising .

Be humble and honest and remorseful.

Good night 🌞

I would type it out so that it is easily read ..

Start by addressing the situation and then go into what lead up to it and how you now feel after your actions .Also point out tge impact your actions have already had on your life , health and future . Take full responsibility and then show how it is completely out of character. Then outline what you do in your work , home and family life and the shame it’s made you feel .

I did 3 A4 pages as mine . My opinion is that you can’t write enough when you are defending yourself and also more importantly apologising .

Be humble and honest and remorseful.

Good night 🌞
This is so helpful - thank you.
Goodnight :)

I called today. I’ve still got my job! I’m amazed as I haven’t been there long. I really expected to lose my job, so that’s a massive relief. I just have to work out how to get there!
Have you informed your professional body - check if you have to or not. Has the school informed the governors
It’s worth checking all bases then no surprises
Just one step at a time

I was not Asked about my job etc; I did state I am the prime caretaker of 2 small children and work at weekends and I so I was not given community service I think I that is why my fine was higher.

i have not seen my name mentioned and I have lived in the same town for my entire life and know lots of people and no one has mentioned it and to be honest i and I didn’t think i would here myself say this but I really don’t care I am holding my household together working on my sobriety and I have the support of whom are important to me.

concentrate on putting a plan together to hold the things together that are imperative. In my case it was my sons school runs and my job.
Hi ! How much was your fine if you don’t mind me asking. I work 30 hours, have 2 children of 2 and 14, and I’m also studying so community order would be a real issue. Thanks

Hi ! How much was your fine if you don’t mind me asking. I work 30 hours, have 2 children of 2 and 14, and I’m also studying so community order would be a real issue. Thanks
Jo fines will be set in accordance with how high you blew and the seriousness of your conviction.
They are also based on your financial circumstances and what is reasonable and realistic for you to pay . You will be given a form to fill out at the court that asks you all of your financial commitments etc .

I can’t answer the community order as you may not get one ..

What happens at the end of the ban? Do I have to reapply for my license? Can I drive straight away? Do I have to have a medical?

What happens at the end of the ban? Do I have to reapply for my license? Can I drive straight away? Do I have to have a medical?
That is 3 questions
1) once you have your licence or it’s in the system it will
State the date it may be a day or so later
You can then get insurance to drive
2) see the forum but you get form from
Post office fill in & return
If you are not an HRO you can send it so they get it 52 days in advance

See forum for guidance
If HRO longer see fourth for comments
3) medical if HRO & ?? Refuse to provide I think
But all the above depends on which county you are in
N Ireland I think it’s a re test

Good morning, did you manage to find a solicitor and get the advice you need.
I’m afraid your asking questions that are hard to answer until you get sentenced in court etc …

You seem rather anxious again ? I hope you managed to stay off the alcohol as it will severely increase your anxiety.

Good morning, did you manage to find a solicitor and get the advice you need.
I’m afraid your asking questions that are hard to answer until you get sentenced in court etc …

You seem rather anxious again ? I hope you managed to stay off the alcohol as it will severely increase your anxiety.
Hi, yes, I’ve appointed a solicitor.
I am totally overwhelmed by it all.
I was put in hospital by a drink driver many years ago. So, have always been very aware of the dangers of drink driving and made sure never to do it.
I’m not an alcoholic (no judgement on people who are) and I’m not a heavy drinker. I sometimes share a bottle of wine with a friend and sometimes we’ll have a bottle each! I can always remember everything and feel rubbish the next day. I vow not to have too much next time.
On this occasion I went to the pub. A friend and I shared a bottle of wine. Others joined and another bottle was bought but shared amongst several people. My last memory is seeing a full glass. I have no memory after that. I don’t remember getting a taxi home and don’t remember getting in my car. I’ve never done anything like this ever before. My behaviour was erratic and out of character.
This is why I’m so stressed and anxious. I don’t know what the hell happened to me! I’ve drunk much more before and had a hazy memory of the night, regretting the hangover. This is so different and disturbing.
My life has been ruined yet I have no memory of the events that caused it.

I was put in hospital by a drink driver many years ago. So, have always been very aware of the dangers of drink driving and made sure never to do it.
I’m not an alcoholic (no judgement on people who are) and I’m not a heavy drinker. I sometimes share a bottle of wine with a friend and sometimes we’ll have a bottle each! I can always remember everything and feel rubbish the next day. I vow not to have too much next time.
On this occasion I went to the pub. A friend and I shared a bottle of wine. Others joined and another bottle was bought but shared amongst several people. My last memory is seeing a full glass. I have no memory after that. I don’t remember getting a taxi home and don’t remember getting in my car. I’ve never done anything like this ever before. My behaviour was erratic and out of character.
This is why I’m so stressed and anxious. I don’t know what the hell happened to me! I’ve drunk much more before and had a hazy memory of the night, regretting the hangover. This is so different and disturbing.
Your life will only be ruined if you allow to be . I have told you this before , and it’s what someone told me when I was saying the same as you . Millions of people have recovered themselves after drink driving convictions, and there is ample evidence on here of that being the case . I know that it is difficult, but you must try to control your anxiety. It is doing you know good at all . I say this from kindness and understanding, as I am exactly the same .

Your life will only be ruined if you allow to be . I have told you this before , and it’s what someone told me when I was saying the same as you . Millions of people have recovered themselves after drink driving convictions, and there is ample evidence on here of that being the case . I know that it is difficult, but you must try to control your anxiety. It is doing you know good at all . I say this from kindness and understanding, as I am exactly the same .
Thank you. I haven’t slept properly since it happened. I’ve been racking my brains trying to remember but I have a total memory blackout. I can’t even hold my hands up and say I decided to risk driving home after a few drinks. I didn’t. I got a taxi home then got in my car instead of going to bed! It’s crazy!

Sorry to hear about your situation. Alcohol works in strange ways so there isn’t any point of beating yourself up about that evening.
It is something to question though, to re-evaluate your relationship with drinking. If, as you say, you understand the dangers of drink driving but when you are drunk you go against all your judgement and morals and can’t remember doing so, I think it would be wise to not exceed recommend units.
Also alcohol effects the body and the mind very differently throughout your life, stress levels and age. Maybe it’s just time to cut it out.
I wish you all the best, you are tackling this situation so don’t be too hard on yourself.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Alcohol works in strange ways so there isn’t any point of beating yourself up about that evening.
It is something to question though, to re-evaluate your relationship with drinking. If, as you say, you understand the dangers of drink driving but when you are drunk you go against all your judgement and morals and can’t remember doing so, I think it would be wise to not exceed recommend units.
Also alcohol effects the body and the mind very differently throughout your life, stress levels and age. Maybe it’s just time to cut it out.
I wish you all the best, you are tackling this situation so don’t be too hard on yourself.
It’s the first time I’ve ever had a total memory blackout. I drank less than I’ve had before, so this is what’s really disturbing me.
As you say, alcohol affects the mind differently at different stages in life. I’ve had the year from hell - incredibly stressful - so I guess that has something to do with it. I can’t explain it any other way.
I’ve already decided to cut it out completely. I can’t risk this ever happening again. It’s terrified me!
Thank you.

It’s the first time I’ve ever had a total memory blackout. I drank less than I’ve had before, so this is what’s really disturbing me.
As you say, alcohol affects the mind differently at different stages in life. I’ve had the year from hell - incredibly stressful - so I guess that has something to do with it. I can’t explain it any other way.
I’ve already decided to cut it out completely. I can’t risk this ever happening again. It’s terrified me!
Thank you.
I have my court day this Wedneaday and I have been in bed for 3 days… all I want is to sleep. I was so stressed about the night I was arrested as I didn’t knew what I did, but read the Police statement and God, even being intoxicated I have cooperated and been ever so polite, but still..it will affect our lives to a certain degree. Take care

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off