Advice please thanks

Convicted Driver Insurance

Firth91

Hi just looking for some advice really, crashed my car on the motorway @ 6.40am Sunday morning. Ide been out drinking from 7pm-3.30am. Ide imagine around 12 pints spread out.

I’ve been suffering serious depression, tablets-counciling etc…

I got home and had enough, I got in my car knowing I wouldn’t be coming back. I drove my car into the central reservation.

Ambulance came, took me to hospital.

I wasn’t out of it, I knew what was happening, but I cannot for the life of me remember if they pulled blood.

I have literally had an X-ray and left hospital. Ime not on bail of have no documents saying I’ve been tested

What’s the crack? Or am I the luckiest man alive

Thanks

I don’t know. Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn’t poke the bear. Just waiting is the only option I guess, but if you were taken by ambulance I’d say a blood sample was probably quite likely at some point (if as much to establish how/how not to treat you as much as for any evidence of intoxication).

But more’s the point, are you OK? Seriously? It must be a pretty low place to take that kind of decision, and without wanting at all to overstep/intrude or anything I would be seeking better help personally. Take care.

Thanks for the reply, fractured neck. Just seems strange how I’ve not heard anything back or had any information

It can take a while. Thing is from what I understand the police have 6 months (12 in Scotland IIRC) to choose to prosecute if so. Sometimes they run out of time, often they get in right before the deadline. But it’s never good to query, obviously!

All that said, I’m by no means an expert on this, whereas other posters have been through this very recently. Have a mooch around and you’ll probably be able to find the author(s) and get in touch.

It can take a while. Thing is from what I understand the police have 6 months (12 in Scotland IIRC) to choose to prosecute if so. Sometimes they run out of time, often they get in right before the deadline. But it’s never good to query, obviously!

All that said, I’m by no means an expert on this, whereas other posters have been through this very recently. Have a mooch around and you’ll probably be able to find the author(s) and get in touch.
Can they take your blood without consent?

Hi just looking for some advice really, crashed my car on the motorway @ 6.40am Sunday morning. Ide been out drinking from 7pm-3.30am. Ide imagine around 12 pints spread out.

I got home and had enough, I got in my car knowing I wouldn’t be coming back. I drove my car into the central reservation.

I wasn’t out of it, I knew what was happening, but I cannot for the life of me remember if they pulled blood.

I have literally had an X-ray and left hospital. Ime not on bail of have no documents saying I’ve been tested

Thanks
First of all I hope your OK given the circumstances. If you were out of it, and couldn’t consent to a blood test, my understanding is that the police have the authority to take a sample without your consent if they suspect its alcohol related. Secondly, did anyone at the hospital ask you if you wanted them to make your GP aware by writing them a letter (do not under any circumstances allow them to)
Try if at all possible to keep this accident out of your GP's domain. This info can come back to haunt you. We're the police at the scene? Did they interview you? Did you give a roadside breath test?

Thanks
Sit tight and don't ask anyone for anything, if you need to go to gp for help, do not under any circumstances reference this accident

First of all I hope your OK given the circumstances. If you were out of it, and couldn’t consent to a blood test, my understanding is that the police have the authority to take a sample without your consent if they suspect its alcohol related. Secondly, did anyone at the hospital ask you if you wanted them to make your GP aware by writing them a letter (do not under any circumstances allow them to)
Try if at all possible to keep this accident out of your GP's domain. This info can come back to haunt you. We're the police at the scene? Did they interview you? Did you give a roadside breath test?
No road side test as I was injured, I’ve read they can take a test as hospital without consent but as far as Ime aware when I came round Ide have to give consent of some kind. I was injured but not in a coma etc so ime pretty sure no uniform officers read me any Rights and I have consent to anything. And from what I’ve read when you do come round you need to give consent as they can’t send anything off without it

No road side test as I was injured, I’ve read they can take a test as hospital without consent but as far as Ime aware when I came round Ide have to give consent of some kind. I was injured but not in a coma etc so ime pretty sure no uniform officers read me any Rights and I have consent to anything. And from what I’ve read when you do come round you need to give consent as they can’t send anything off without it
True, if your conscious then yes consent has to be given. So from what I've understood from your post. Your incredibly fortunate. Personally, I'd keep shtum and approach nobody. Good luck

Can they take your blood without consent?
Hi,

From the 1st Aid courses I`ve done, if a person is unconscious / unresponsive then "implied consent" applies. But...... the person who assumes "implied consent" must still introduce his / herself and ask permission to help the casualty. Obviously if the casualty is unconscious / unresponsive he / she can`t respond, which is where "implied consent" comes in because the person helping would assume that the casualty would want help.

And from what I’ve read when you do come round you need to give consent as they can’t send anything off without it
With the confirmation of the doctor in charge of your care, another doctor or medic (not in charge of your care) may take a sample from a patient that is unconscious or otherwise incapable of consent. The police can send that sample to the lab but it cannot be tested until you wake up and confirm whether or not you consent to the sample being tested. Be aware however that if you don't consent to the sample being tested you are likely to be charged with 'failure to provide'.

Hi,

From the 1st Aid courses I`ve done, if a person is unconscious / unresponsive then "implied consent" applies. But...... the person who assumes "implied consent" must still introduce his / herself and ask permission to help the casualty. Obviously if the casualty is unconscious / unresponsive he / she can`t respond, which is where "implied consent" comes in because the person helping would assume that the casualty would want help.
I wasn’t like unconscious etc, might of Been asleep at some point, but ime pretty sure I didn’t have any blood drawn. Madness really . Just worried at the moment. Is there any way I can find out if the police drew blood? Would it be on my notes etc

I wasn’t like unconscious etc, might of Been asleep at some point, but ime pretty sure I didn’t have any blood drawn. Madness really . Just worried at the moment. Is there any way I can find out if the police drew blood? Would it be on my notes etc
I know the suspense will be killing you, but honestly the best policy is to not ask anyone anything. I take it you've heard nothing from the police etc? If you'd done something illegal you'd know about I'm sure (if you'd been caught I mean)

I know the suspense will be killing you, but honestly the best policy is to not ask anyone anything. I take it you've heard nothing from the police etc? If you'd done something illegal you'd know about I'm sure (if you'd been caught I mean)
Absolutely nothing at all. Police not even at the scene was a traffic officer.

Literally got taken in as a car crash patient with a head injury. That was it.

As far as Ime aware no bloods were taken and I certainly don’t remember giving consent,

From what I’ve read if your out of it and they take blood they should wait till you come around then get your consent and also offer you a sample vial for your own testing, I’ve had nothing like that

Absolutely nothing at all. Police not even at the scene was a traffic officer.

Literally got taken in as a car crash patient with a head injury. That was it.

As far as Ime aware no bloods were taken and I certainly don’t remember giving consent,

From what I’ve read if your out of it and they take blood they should wait till you come around then get your consent and also offer you a sample vial for your own testing, I’ve had nothing like that
You maybe the luckiest person alive lol. I really hope so. As I'm sure, like the rest of us you will have learned your lesson. I think the big guy upstairs was watching out for you.
Good luck pal, and keep us updated. 👍

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off