Advice on insurance claim

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jmhayes

Hello all,

Sadly, on Friday night I stupidly decided to drive home after drinking 3 pints. I crashed my car on the way home, no-one was involved but myself and a barrier. The police arrived at the scene and I blew a 61 on the breathalyser which was also confirmed at the station. I am now facing conviction for drink driving. I'm fully aware I will be receive a ban for this and have accepted what the legal consequences will be.

I have a question regarding my insurance. I submitted a claim today for my vehicle which has sustained severe front end damage, when filling in the claim form it didn't seem to ask me to state if the accident was a result of drink driving, but on my policy I believe I am not covered for this situation, do I need to tell them? And will they find out if I don't? The repairs are likely to very expensive and will cripple me financially if my insurance does not cover it.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

It is a material fact for the accident and you will have to disclose it to the insurer and no, they will not cover any damage to your Own car
If you lie on the claim form you could be guilty of obtaining the repair by deception, which could be a police matter.

It is a material fact for the accident and you will have to disclose it to the insurer and no, they will not cover any damage to your Own car
If you lie on the claim form you could be guilty of obtaining the repair by deception, which could be a police matter.
Thanks for your reply. I did think this was the case - I will inform them

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off