Advice needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

33545F

I had my DVLA medical in Feb 2019 and CDL level was 1.0%. A GP I have never had an appointment with in my life has told the DVLA that I am alcohol dependent. Would a CDT of 1.0% mean that? I thought that would be a normal level?

Becsuse of this GP my licence was refused and have oly found this out when I have gone to apply again in April 2021. Anyone else had an incompetent GP ruin things for them?

I had my DVLA medical in Feb 2019 and CDL level was 1.0%. A GP I have never had an appointment with in my life has told the DVLA that I am alcohol dependent. Would a CDT of 1.0% mean that? I thought that would be a normal level?

Becsuse of this GP my licence was refused and have oly found this out when I have gone to apply again in April 2021. Anyone else had an incompetent GP ruin things for them?
We need more info really as you seem to have a big gap in between 2019-2021. You had a DVLA medical back in 2019 and the CDT level was at 1 % which would have satisfied the DVLA at the time on that count. Did they write to your then GP to ask about any previous alcohol issues ? Was your licence returned to you back in 2019 ?

We need more info really as you seem to have a big gap in between 2019-2021. You had a DVLA medical back in 2019 and the CDT level was at 1 % which would have satisfied the DVLA at the time on that count. Did they write to your then GP to ask about any previous alcohol issues ? Was your licence returned to you back in 2019 ?
They didn’t return the licence in 2019 but didn’t give a detailed reason why. The gap is honestly down to cost and finding the £180 again for the process and then when the year was up that I could reapply in June 2020, I was mid pandemic working in healthcare so had bigger priorities. This is only coming to light now. What I fail to understand is how a GP report from someone I have never seen can be so contradictory to the CDT results!

They didn’t return the licence in 2019 but didn’t give a detailed reason why. The gap is honestly down to cost and finding the £180 again for the process and then when the year was up that I could reapply in June 2020, I was mid pandemic working in healthcare so had bigger priorities. This is only coming to light now. What I fail to understand is how a GP report from someone I have never seen can be so contradictory to the CDT results!
They must have written to your GP back in 2019 and you would have had a letter to confirm this. How do you know your CDT levels were 1% as the dvla do not tell you this unless you request the results in writing.Do you have any past alcohol issues documented on your medical record which would be the reason your Gp is not supporting your application

They must have written to your GP back in 2019 and you would have had a letter to confirm this. How do you know your CDT levels were 1% as the dvla do not tell you this unless you request the results in writing.Do you have any past alcohol issues documented on your medical record which would be the reason your Gp is not supporting your application
They have just given me the result over the phone. My current GP supports the application as I have had the conversation with him before submitting this application.

The GP that has written the report is not even at the practice I am currently registered with. He is at a practice I had no appointments with as I was registered there when moving house.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off