Advice needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pink39

Is anyone actually able to get through to the DVLA? I was due to get my licence back April the 13th after an 18 month ban. I am HRO so needed a medical. So I applied at the beginning of January for my licence. Finally got my medical on the 4th May then two weeks ago got a letter saying they wanted more information from my GP. My GP sent the form back to the DVLA last Tuesday and I spoke to her about it before she sent it and she said she could not understand why they had sent it and went through what she had put on the form. She said she had put that there had been one incident with alcohol over three years ago when I had a drink an took an overdose but she put no history of alcohol abuse and no risk etc and no current mental health issues or heavy drinking or anything like that. Does anyone know if that one incident will cause an issue? I am at risk of loosing my job if I don’t get my licence back and my mother has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer and been given three months to live and I can’t get to see her as I live in a rural area and public transport is terrible. How can I speak to the DVLA to find out what is going on? I have been ringing every day for weeks between 50 and 100 times each day and haven’t once got through. I just get an automated message every time.

Is anyone actually able to get through to the DVLA? I was due to get my licence back April the 13th after an 18 month ban. I am HRO so needed a medical. So I applied at the beginning of January for my licence. Finally got my medical on the 4th May then two weeks ago got a letter saying they wanted more information from my GP. My GP sent the form back to the DVLA last Tuesday and I spoke to her about it before she sent it and she said she could not understand why they had sent it and went through what she had put on the form. She said she had put that there had been one incident with alcohol over three years ago when I had a drink an took an overdose but she put no history of alcohol abuse and no risk etc and no current mental health issues or heavy drinking or anything like that. Does anyone know if that one incident will cause an issue? I am at risk of loosing my job if I don’t get my licence back and my mother has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer and been given three months to live and I can’t get to see her as I live in a rural area and public transport is terrible. How can I speak to the DVLA to find out what is going on? I have been ringing every day for weeks between 50 and 100 times each day and haven’t once got through. I just get an automated message every time.
What was your cdt level after your medical ? You have support of your gp so that will go a long way and a low cdt reading should be ok.As for time it takes how long is a piece of string.

What was your cdt level after your medical ? You have support of your gp so that will go a long way and a low cdt reading should be ok.As for time it takes how long is a piece of string.
Thanks fir the reply. I don’t know what my CDT reading was. I actually managed to get through to them on the phone today and they said they had contacted my GP due to past mental health issues. The guy I spoke to said they couldn’t give out my CDT reading over the phone. They did say that they had received the form from my GP and that it is with the medical team being processed.

Thanks fir the reply. I don’t know what my CDT reading was. I actually managed to get through to them on the phone today and they said they had contacted my GP due to past mental health issues. The guy I spoke to said they couldn’t give out my CDT reading over the phone. They did say that they had received the form from my GP and that it is with the medical team being processed.
Same here just a waiting game now then. I have had bloods and a liver scan done over the the last year to get support of GP and doctor has written back to the dvla 6 weeks ago and have not heard a thing yet.

How did you manage to get through ? Just through calling umpteen times until you struck lucky ? At least they seem to be on with it to some degree

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off