Advice needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mcewen

I was arrested whilst stationary in a hospital car park. I had a life or death medical emergency which required emergency surgery the very next morning. Police took bloods whilst in hospital. 110 ug/L Benzoylecgonine.
I am a heavy drinker. I also take benzodiazpines. Am I correct in believing I can beat this case. I have court on the 24th this month. I have never been interviewed! I don't think they can prove I was actually driving. It took 5 hours for them to get bloods, adding however long it took for the sample to be tested am I correct in understanding it's scientifically proven the level of BZ increases giving likely false positives? Also I was genuinely dying from a massive infection. Fever! Put on the covid ward at first so how could I understand my rights or willingly give a blood sample.
The same officer has since then attempted to force entry into my property because he wanted to interview me. I was on holiday at the time. There are witnesses to everything I have written.
Any advice would be appreciated.

The best advice I can give you is to get representation. You seem to have a good defence and a great emergency circumstances argument but people who try and run trials against an experiences CPS lawyer often fail even though they have good defences.
Problem is I am a currently unemployed single father on universal credit. I'm read about DUI only being eligible for legal aid if it has certain extra conditions. How can I find a legal representative who would attempt to claim legal aid for me by means of the extra factors to be considered in court. This is twice in a year I have been wrongly accused of DUI. I wasn't even driving last time and the charges were dropped by the police. This new DUI charge has so many factors to be considered. The hospital medical emergency. Was proper protocol followed as it differs when taking bloods in a hospital. I had no doctor examine me and say wether I was in a fit state to give permission or understand my rights! The police kept me handcuffed on the hospital bed for hours delaying vital medical attention as I have very bad veins. It took around 4-5 hours for them to finally get bloods whilst I laid there practically dying. I can obtain hospital records. The lot!! I'm very prepared for court. I'm confident even if I have to use the duty solicitor on the day! I'd rather get legal aid though if at all possible.
Many thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off